How do I secretly kill a tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOAs are a pain in the rear. Some are fairly innocuous, others not so much. They can control what you do to your property even though you don't pay fees and your taxes go to the county. Depends on the bylaws which you should be able to get from them. Basically just another layer of government.

People can complain about HOA's (or stratas as they are called here), but people know the rules when they buy. Council minutes, bylaws and budgets are available for review if you're planning on buying.

Buyer beware.

Don't like the bylaws, run for council and change the rules from within. Don't just whine about them.

At my previous house I had repeated plumbing problem which turned out to be a "rooting" issue caused by the numerous hedges, shrubs that run adjacent along side the house. "Root-X" successfully wiped out all unwanted roots and kept them from coming back. The container had instructions on how to kill tree roots which involves a little digging, pour the granules into soil, cover it then water down.

Root X is your ticket!! Home Depot sells 1 lb bottles but there are guys on eBay with 3-5 lb containers.

[album=medium]1833[/album]I've tried looking around online but haven't found a solid answer.

My wife and I moved into a neighborhood about a year ago. We have a driveway that wraps around a garden. Our HOA claims that garden is common space, so we can't do anything to it. Our county tax assessment says it's ours. It's overgrown and just generally a mess.

So, after much complaining, the HOA agrees to get a landscaper out. He jut cut a couple bushes out, but that's it. There are two big pine trees that look horrible. One of them is diseased. One of them is healthy, but an eyesore.

I want them both gone. Even though the county says I have a right to cut them down, the HOA says I can't. So, I figure I'll just kill them so the HOA has no choice but to remove them....

Back