How do they compare - 555 versus 620p?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not the saws you asked about but here is a 620 7pin with 20" in cherry. If i think about it next time i make a video i will try 8 pin on the 620. I am planning on videoing a 620 and stock 6100 with the same chain when i get some free time.

The 620 will outrun a 555 pretty handily. I've run them right next to each other. Haven't tried one with an 8 pin but im certain it would handle it no problem with only a 16in bar.

my 590 with a 20" works over my bro's 555 with a 18" running LGX on both saws. It also noodles way better no clogging at all the 555 binds up and starts smoking the noodles in the clutch cover

not the saws you asked about but here is a 620 7pin with 20" in cherry. If i think about it next time i make a video i will try 8 pin on the 620. I am planning on videoing a 620 and stock 6100 with the same chain when i get some free time.

I would be interested to see this saw with a short bar and bigger sprocket in actual use. It certainly seems to have a torque advantage over many of its peers, if the videos are to be believed. Maybe not enough to make it competitive geared-up with a longer bar, but running 8t with a 15-16" bar, which would be more to my taste, perhaps.

The 620 will outrun a 555 pretty handily. I've run them right next to each other. Haven't tried one with an 8 pin but im certain it would handle it no problem with only a 16in bar.

Thank you for that info.

my 590 with a 20" works over my bro's 555 with a 18" running LGX on both saws. It also noodles way better no clogging at all the 555 binds up and starts smoking the noodles in the clutch cover

Gracias.

I like how riled up husky guys get about echoes but you very seldom hear much derogatory stuff from the stihl guys. Oh and to save someone the time and effort the power to weight suck and they are distasteful and handle like a lumber wagon and are cheap feeling and......... lol

So get the echo

Thats not at all what i said, nowhere did i say the Echo was a bad saw. Different strokes for different folks.

I also have a Dolmar 421 that is considered on the "fat" size for a 42cc saw and most would rather have a 50cc saw for almost the same weight. But i like my 421 and some like their 590/600/620.

Thats not at all what i said, nowhere did i say the Echo was a bad saw. Different strokes for different folks.

I also have a Dolmar 421 that is considered on the "fat" size for a 42cc saw and most would rather have a 50cc saw for almost the same weight. But i like my 421 and some like their 590/600/620.
I was not replying to your post. Sorry I was just stirring the pot. I like hearing people feedback and opinions just a few are so one sided I like to poke a stick at em. I am also a big believer you should be able to test drove a saw before buying it. However many places will not do that anymore.

I have my slightly broken in 6100 in my hands. Now I just have to find some time to run it against this 620. This time around i will try to make it a fair matchup so some comparisons can be made.

I have my slightly broken in 6100 in my hands. Now I just have to find some time to run it against this 620. This time around i will try to make it a fair matchup so some comparisons can be made.

Should be a very interesting match-up and video. Looking forward to it.

I like how riled up husky guys get about echoes but you very seldom hear much derogatory stuff from the stihl guys.

Kind of a goofy generalization there. And if this thread was about the Echo beating a Stihl 362, then they would be the riled up bunch and not the Husky guys.

You Echo guys will like this story though. At last week's Husky dealer meeting, a dealer spoke up and commenting on this 60cc Echo family said it was a great saw, at a super price, and asked if Husky considered it a threat or challenge or whatever. The answer was yes, they do notice and take that saw seriously, so they do get some respect from their competitors. That they can sell such a fine saw at those price points is likely cause are really pushing them at short margins to get noticed and some much needed market share. I think the 590 sells for 455 rancher money, so that's a real good deal on those things. The 600 and 620 seem to jump way up for a similar size saw. (I admit I'm not up on the differences) But the 620 is up around 562XP money, so that's a whole different argument there.

IMO, here in the enthusiast world, anyone who's honest has to admit that Echo builds a decent saw. In the real world though, it's not just how it runs, it's how it sells. And unjustified as it may be, Echos don't sell that good. Only Echo dealer in my county doesn't even stock the saws, cause he sells stihl. Trying to get Husky and Stihl guys to try something else has always been an uphill battle. I've been on both sides of that fence, and it's night and day. But that doesn't need to spoil the party here for you Echo guys. I wouldn't get too hung up on "who gets it" or not. Just enjoy the saws; they're good stuff . :)

My Stihl dealer swear's by Echo and has mainly the smaller models also in stock, but also for him, Stihl is what feed's his family! So it's no different over here.

Back