How do you get your saws to the wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to throw out a little PSA to the guys who are skidding logs without a proper setup (i.e. dragging it on the ground with a chain). Ya'll need to be careful when doing this! There was a local guy killed fairly recently when a skidded log got hung up on a root or something and the chain snapped. It nearly took his head off from what I hear.

Carry on, fellas.

now that is a tip worth passing on! thanks. I don't run up against stumps or roots, but I am adding in the 'snapping chain' syndrome as an element of safety precautions.

Running a wheeler you are much more likely to break that than a chain. We ripped the hitch off my buddy's Yamaha last year by hitting a stump. He then brought in his buddy's Can Am 800. That thing is wicked powerful. I think I pulled an 16"x100" log out of the woods while doing a wheelie LOL.

Running a wheeler you are much more likely to break that than a chain. We ripped the hitch off my buddy's Yamaha last year by hitting a stump. He then brought in his buddy's Can Am 800. That thing is wicked powerful. I think I pulled an 16"x100" log out of the woods while doing a wheelie LOL.
I just ripped the hitch off of my vinson couple weeks ago. I beefed er up. Should be better then the factory setup. But i guess ther not designed for hauling logs lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This is the ATV that I use to go to the woods with, BEFORE I bought my Kubota S&S,

standard.jpg

It worked pretty good, even in the winter,

standard.jpg

The S&S is just so much better of an ATV for that job, although I love my Grizzly, these days it just sits in the barn...

SR

This is the ATV that I use to go to the woods with, BEFORE I bought my Kubota S&S,

standard.jpg

It worked pretty good, even in the winter,

standard.jpg

The S&S is just so much better of an ATV for that job, although I love my Grizzly, these days it just sits in the barn...

SR
What model saw do you have on the front rack of the top picture?

I have a 5 gallon bucket from the local Menards that carries everything I might need except the chain saw itself. It keeps everything together for me.

tell us about it. I see the locomotive, the freight car(s) and caboose... tow tug, equipment cart and wood carrier? that is quite a lil rig... 4 whl drive, gripper all terrain tires and comfy seat. how many hp and engine type? I see filter - diesel? or oil filter? did u make the plow?....

-----------

I see the link, great pix, info...

Most folks down here use hickory for bbq smoking. I'll have to give post oak a try, we have plenty.

make sure its seasoned, 6 mo maybe, but i would prefer a year. there is a bbq place in my neck of the woods and they use hickory. real good chow! but many also use post oak. nice for pork ribs and brisket. I have even done chicken with it. pecan is another favorite, although produces a lighter smoke and flavor.... me? I just use whatever oak I have that is split and seasoned, dry.

Latest posts

Back