How do you use your saw (s)(ssssss)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you use your saw(s)?

• Total voters
I said >2 and for work, but that needs a bit of clarification. I OWN only one (Stihl 036 PRO) but use and maintain several (036, MS361, 044, 066) at work as though they were my own. I'm trying to get the powers that be to get me a MS260 and a MS170 for limbing and such because even a lightweight saw like the 361 is heavy enough to feel at the end of the day. Could probably use an 880 for bucking as well -- just cut some big blowdowns out of the firebreak roads and found that a bit of extra power would have been most welcome.

I only have 2 saws, so the "more than two saws " category doesn't fit. Maybe it should have been two or more saws.
Anyway mine are for firewood,

Since I can't vote twice, I have more than two saws and I cut and burn wood.
But my vote was for, I don't know how many saws I have.......and I keep getting more.

I'm not liking the "weekend warrior" to "people who get paid to run saws" ratio in this poll. Guess it explains the decline in useful information on AS over the last couple of years.

Using the saws to keep the trees in check.....land management and some friends get firewood.:cheers:

I do a little yard and tree work on the side, and help people with cutting jobs that box store saws aern't up to. Plus nothing says "pwnage" like destroying a neighbors WildThingy with my 395.

I use my saws for cutting trees and making money. I also cut firewood.

Last night I used my saw to cut firewood and a meeting with the local law enforcement.

Seems my neighbor wanted to sleep at 8 PM on a Friday night and sent the boys over ------ the local noise ordinance is 10 PM --- WTF? :hmm3grin2orange:

Last night I used my saw to cut firewood and a meeting with the local law enforcement.

Seems my neighbor wanted to sleep at 8 PM on a Friday night and sent the boys over ------ the local noise ordinance is 10 PM -- :hmm3grin2orange:

We had the boys over too. Not because of noise. Our 12 month old little girl dialed 911 and then hung up....... He had to come in and check to see if every one was okay.... <----added some lack of quality info to AS!

Dan

Seems my neighbor wanted to sleep at 8 PM on a Friday night and sent the boys over ------ the local noise ordinance is 10 PM --- WTF? :hmm3grin2orange:

Who goes to bed at 8pm? Really, c'mon!

I try to shut everything down by 7:30-8pm as a courtesy, but sometimes a job just has to get done.

I've got three saws. Once in a while, I use them to make some money. For the most part, they're used to support my raging summer bonfire addiction. I'm not sure what it is, but sitting around a fire with friends a case or two of beer on a nice summer night in Michigan is about as good as it gets...

:cheers:

gink,

Would love to see! I have a friend with some cedar stumps, I was thinking to try on one. I don't think cedar is the best for carving though, but is what is around at the moment. Wooden mushrooms might be cool on the side of a house...hmmm...you have me ponderin'...

Cheers,
TT

Sure, I'll get some pics. I just carve them where they are. I normally cut a tree 2-3' high and whats left of the stump will get morrell. It's better looking than a stump!!!

Well, when there isn't any logging going on, like now, I use Twinkle to open up roads and I get paid for it. Twinkle is not my saw but is my employer's and I treat Twinkle well. Twinkle and I worked at "chasing" for a few sunny hours last winter, but I usually am following the snow line and cutting the hemlocks out of the roads. The woodcutters turn their noses up at hemlock so they don't cut them out of the roads.

Here's a photo from a day of serious road opening. I was thinking, "Don't drop the saw."
attachment.php

I also have The Barbie Saw, which is the twin of Twinkle and is my own. The Barbie Saw cuts firewood and slays the occasional tree. Very occasional, I am not a faller!

I've got three saws. Once in a while, I use them to make some money. For the most part, they're used to support my raging summer bonfire addiction. I'm not sure what it is, but sitting around a fire with friends a case or two of beer on a nice summer night in Michigan is about as good as it gets...

:cheers:
We do the same, if fact my 15 year old son had one last night. 6 $5 pizzas a few bags of chips, a cooler full of pop, and a boom box and the are having a great time.

but I still only have 2 saws,

The police chief lives next door and I give him firewood. Haven't had any complaints about noise. :)

Jack

I own four. They are used to supply my wood burner by way of Game and Parks tree-cutting contracts. I also have started doing some fence clearing work for a local rancher.

Latest posts

Back