How does Husky 372XP compare to MS440?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Can you tell me what the big diff is between a 440 and 372? I see lots of posts in the past urging the purchase of 372's before they're extinct (although we all know their not really completely going away yet) But the 440 appears to be identical in terms of weight and HP and it and is readily available everywhere I go. Is getting equal "bang" for less "bucks" the big selling point? Having recently purchased a new 460, I'm not looking to buy, and I'm not looking to incilte a H vs S war, I'm just curious I guess.
Litefoot

I only had my running 044 for a couple of hours before it was stolen, but the little I ran it, I thought it felt lighter than a 372, and had more torque. The 372 is a good saw, and it screams up in the R's. I think of it as more of a peaky saw than a torquey saw as in 044. I would like to have modded it to see how it came one to the 372 mods.

My pick would be the 372 although i like the 044.I like to hear the rpms blister on the 372:blob2: but like the other fellas said the 044 has a little more torque.Both are good professional saws and could not go wrong either way.....just my opinion

Freakingstang said:
I only had my running 044 for a couple of hours before it was stolen, but the little I ran it, I thought it felt lighter than a 372, and had more torque. The 372 is a good saw, and it screams up in the R's. I think of it as more of a peaky saw than a torquey saw as in 044. I would like to have modded it to see how it came one to the 372 mods.
From what I have read (and that is a lot), your observations seem to be right on.

The 440 is a bit lighter, it has more max torque, and slightly (.1 kW) more max power output.
However, when their performance in actual cutting are compared, the 372xp allways seem to win, beeing closer to the 460 than to the 440.:confused: :help: :hmm3grin2orange:

Another part of the story is that the Husky has substantially better anti-vibe and air filtration ....

Last edited:
Back