How early do you get up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jieesh all you o-dawn thirties people. 10-11am for me. But I typically don't see the bed before 2am working 2nd shift. I'm up late on the weekends too so same there.

I'm a shift worker so I sleep whenever and whereever I can. I'm not an early riser unless its time to go hunting or fishing.

Get up time is anywhere from midnite on. It depends on how far away from home we're logging and how long it takes to drive. You want to start cutting as soon as it's light enough to see. Get home time is late afternoon...work on the saws, food, shower, sleep fast cause tomorrow comes early again.
On good mornings I get to sleep 'til 3 !

On weekends I sleep in but I can't be in bed after daylight...just can't do it. I might take a nap, though. ;)

I'm retired so I usually stay up until about 8:00 PM. I have the alarm set for 4:00 AM but I'm usually up at 2:30 to 3:30. Drink a cup of coffee and get on the computer checking my Emails and a couple different websites.

Leave the house about 4:55 heading to McDonalds which opens the lobby at 5:00. A bunch of us drink and gab then I head back to the house about 7:00 or so.

Nosmo

depends on what you mean by "get up".
I wake up every couple hours, check the fire, look around outside, go back to bed. about 7, take a shower and get ready for work.

I also work day shift, I get up at 2:30 a.m. start work at 4:00 am to 4:00pm. On days I don't work, I sleep in till 4:00am.

I work the normal 7am - 4pm job, get up around 5:30am. As I get older I tend to wake up alot at night, seems like every few hours I see the alarm clock, 12:30, 1:30, 3:30, etc. etc. We set an alarm, but she beats it up every morning getting up at 5:00am sharp ('ol farm girl).

When I'm working 4:30, around 6-7:00 any other time on the rare occasion I can I'll squeeze me in a nap in the afternoon. For about an hour, that's when I sleep the best.

Usually wide awake by 6:30 am .I hardly ever turn in before midnight.Mon-Sat Usually awake before clock goes off.
I could sleep to noon on sunday,but I always set a clock saturday night because i attend church on sunday

6:00am

I get up at 6:00am weekdays. Get up do barn chores eat then catch the bus for school. Weekends I get up between 7:00 and 8:00am. Same routine but after chores I go out to check the owb. Weekday mornings my dad checks it. I check it as soon as I get home.

I see you listed everything including the great danes.. what happened to the wife and kids? :ices_rofl:

he's just listing the important stuff...

By extension, and some already have, what time are we going to bed to get up at 0400? I rarely spend more than 8 hours in bed. shoot for about 4 when I travel.

so tell me how you do it

I have never been a morning person. I work at 8..I fill the stove around midnight or so..get up at 7 get everything I can in there..sometimes a small hammer or hatchet is used...do the morning "download" shut the damper open the secondary air control and out the door at 730..weekends..well...whenever the eyes open. how do you get your biological clock to kick in or is it an age thing. I am 33 and it still hasn't kicked in..worst part is..5 year old dog is the same way..if I don't get up..he don't either. so much for the backup alarm. I usually go to bed around midnight..sleep or not. I am there.

i'm usually up by 8am if nothing is going on.

really though, i only sleep about 7 hours, anymore than that and my back starts hurting.

I'm retired so I usually stay up until about 8:00 PM. I have the alarm set for 4:00 AM but I'm usually up at 2:30 to 3:30. Drink a cup of coffee and get on the computer checking my Emails and a couple different websites.

Leave the house about 4:55 heading to McDonalds which opens the lobby at 5:00. A bunch of us drink and gab then I head back to the house about 7:00 or so.

Nosmo

Retired???

I thought you were Muscogees bookie maker? :clap:

I've been retired for over 6 years now. For 20 years + before that I worked the midnight shift. So now, I force myself to go to bed by 4 AM & usually am up by 0915.
Al

Latest posts

Back