How early do you get up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retired???

I thought you were Muscogees bookie maker? :clap:

Hah: If you are refering to that Bookkeeper who embezelled over $600,000.00in the Court Clerk's Office she was my replacement. Really.

I worked there just a little over 20 years and they say she has a gambling problem. I believe she got 4 years Federal time for wire fraud and 8 years on the state embezelment charges.

My coffee drinking buddies kid me about this and ask how much did I get away with -- I say I never kept track and never got caught. hah

Nosmo

Get up time is anywhere from midnite on. It depends on how far away from home we're logging and how long it takes to drive. You want to start cutting as soon as it's light enough to see. Get home time is late afternoon...work on the saws, food, shower, sleep fast cause tomorrow comes early again.
On good mornings I get to sleep 'til 3 !

On weekends I sleep in but I can't be in bed after daylight...just can't do it. I might take a nap, though. ;)

Basicaly the same thing,up at midnight -12:30.I try to put the nose of the big blue Freightliner into the wind by 1:15 am,that lets me beat a lot of trafic and lines. Scott

5 AM on workdays , between 5 and 7 AM on non workdays. Like now I've been up since 6 and drank a pot of coffee. Just got back in the house after I hauled all the Christmas garbage, boxes, bags of wrapping paper and such from the garage, back to the fire pit and lit it off. Came on line to check the bank as the wife and daughter did the after Christmas shopping thing yesterday. Wife will be up soon to start my breakfast as I'm on my way back out to the garage.
Teenage kids won't be up to noon or later, unless I drag them out of bed.

Hah: If you are refering to that Bookkeeper who embezelled over $600,000.00in the Court Clerk's Office she was my replacement. Really.

I worked there just a little over 20 years and they say she has a gambling problem. I believe she got 4 years Federal time for wire fraud and 8 years on the state embezelment charges.

My coffee drinking buddies kid me about this and ask how much did I get away with -- I say I never kept track and never got caught. hah

Nosmo

didn't know about that, i guess i am a lucky guesser.

however i thought you were a book keeper

ZERO DARK HUNDRED......used to be get up time. Now retired ( sic ) with too much going on, I wake with the sun. Diurnal rule. But as you young farts get up there, you too may have to follow the Law of the Bladder :givebeer: :popcorn:.

I follow daybreak: later now, then earlier and earlier as the sun comes up. No time for the coffeeclatch thing, with a woodlot to do, board stuff, morning run, the usual honey-dos, and volunteer duties, there is not much left in a day to do the soaps or suck up bon-bons. :jawdrop:

Life is good: as long the body creaks and groans and I stihl come down for breakfast.:clap: No whining allowed though it takes a good 20 minutes to uncreak.:(

JMNSHO

I have never been a morning person. I work at 8..I fill the stove around midnight or so..get up at 7 get everything I can in there..sometimes a small hammer or hatchet is used...do the morning "download" shut the damper open the secondary air control and out the door at 730..weekends..well...whenever the eyes open. how do you get your biological clock to kick in or is it an age thing. I am 33 and it still hasn't kicked in..worst part is..5 year old dog is the same way..if I don't get up..he don't either. so much for the backup alarm. I usually go to bed around midnight..sleep or not. I am there.

Years of practice.
I hope its not an age thing since Im 36.
When I was in college, working full time, going to school full time, having a family, sleep comes when you can get it. I got in the habit of sleeping an hour or two at a time then get up and do something productive.

Depends on the Boss!

he's just listing the important stuff...

By extension, and some already have, what time are we going to bed to get up at 0400? I rarely spend more than 8 hours in bed. shoot for about 4 when I travel.

We normally go to bed at 8 to 10 pm if he is temporarily retired. Otherwise we go to bed as early at 5 or 6 PM. Those days I will get up 3 am, which is a stretch for me. I need about 6.5 hours sleep, so after he goes to sleep I get up for a couple hours and read or watch tv.

I work both 1st & 2nd shift. I take any hours they need me. So I get up at all different times. Sleep in as long as I can when I come home after midnight.
Bothered me at first but now I have adjusted to it.

I work rotating shifts (day, swing, graves) so my body never really knows what time its supposed to wake. One thing for sure, I hate getting up early. Days off I wake around 8-10am. I would much rather work late until midnight or later than get up early.

Hit the sack around 10pm. Loading the stove by 5am. Weekends I load the stove a by 6:30am.

Since I retired I pretty much go with the sunlight. In summer around 5:00 or 5:30, coffee, breakfast, walk, gardening before the heat of the day. This time of year around 7:00 to 8:00, feed fire, coffee, breakfast, watch birds on feeder with second coffee.

Usually up at 4:30-5 am on week days and 6:30 on weekends. I have tomorrow off, but will be up and have the truck warmed up, trash out, and saws loaded and gone by 6 am. I have 2 days to get wood in before the next forcasted round of crap weather rolls in. Gotta get new tires on the 4 wheel drive as well, because there is 4 foot drifts to get into the woodlot.

This time of year around 6:00, in the summer at 5:00 or earlier. I seem to be tied in with the sun somehow. I hate getting up when it's dark, and I can't stay in bed once it's light out. In the summer I'm usually out for a bike ride on the reservoir by 5:30. (Good time to see the eagles)

Usually roll out at about 4:30 AM on autopilot. Drink coffee, do my computin', then workout or go for a run. Typically limber and ready for whatever by 6:30 or so. All habit!

up late this morning

stayed up to watch Farve lose so didn't get up til 5:45. Otherwise it's 5 AM or before every day. Never set an alarm-ever

Latest posts

Back