How I baby my 2 stoke motors.... 30-1 instead of 50-1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you are thinking I should be more trusting of morons on an internet forum to determine what to run in my saws than the people who make them.
I would be more interested within what the oil manufacturers recommend within their oils usage actually . There are some rather valid & experienced recommendations that have been offered by some rather knowledgible people here brother !

Hey Wolfy , got my 4 gallons of Red Armor brother . Ordered to my daughters in Michigan . So my sleds will be running a trial starting with my RXL since its the hottest running model then the trail & powder 700 SKS & 850 RMK .
Good deal the prices will only go up and who knows about future availabilty.

So, you are thinking I should be more trusting of morons on an internet forum to determine what to run in my saws than the people who make them.
Actually no... Manuals and recommendations are for morons that have little to zero knowledge of how most things mechanical even work. Stick to the manual's buddy I agree 100% you should 👍

I think the chemists who blend the oil and engineers who design the saws don't know what they are doing.

So, I listen to morons on forums.

You're assuming that the goals of those chemists and engineers are the same as ours. Frequently they are not.

If your not a moron yourself do the research which is available through SAE and other sources and form your own educated opinion.
And you are right there are many morons on the internet, but it's also not hard to sift the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Point being, people say things they shouldn’t when they are angry or frustrated, myself included.
There would be a lot less arguing if guys would take it upon themselves to look in the bottom end of a saw once in a while to actually see the difference and form their own educated opinion, instead of an uneducated opinion

Point being, people say things they shouldn’t when they are angry or frustrated, myself included.
There would be a lot less arguing if guys would take it upon themselves to look in the bottom end of a saw once in a while to actually see the difference and form their own educated opinion, instead of an uneducated opinion
This.
Most guys are totally and utterly ignorant on the subject but very firm in their convictions. Most of which are based on old wives tales and internet BS.
I have zero problem with spades be called out as spades. Some people should be afraid to open their mouths.

I work on this frigging stuff every day to the point I wish I never saw another saw, weed eater, or blower.

The problem is usually not what oil you are using, it is not using any.

Caveat being 4 Mix engines and valves getting deposits on them to the point they won't seal.

Some of these local guys are in love with Opti whatever. I charge them $40 to take a BR600 or BR700 apart and clean the valves. Hell of a deal for them.

I work on this frigging stuff every day to the point I wish I never saw another saw, weed eater, or blower.

The problem is usually not what oil you are using, it is not using any.

Caveat being 4 Mix engines and valves getting deposits on them to the point they won't seal.

Some of these local guys are in love with Opti whatever. I charge them $40 to take a BR600 or BR700 apart and clean the valves. Hell of a deal for them.
The four mix is just a bad design.

Amen Brother , well said !

Back