How long should I drag brush?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might just have a future in this business... it's not too late to back out, once you put the spurs on, you're screwed.
True story, I worked one week chipping the guys kept riving me about climbing trying to scare me etc :p One day the top climber ask if i thought i could climb I said sure. He said see that 100 foot pine ? Me yup, he said see that big limb overhanging that tree phaze? Me yup, he said if i tell you how to cut it you think you could? Me yup if you think I get a dollar more per hour lol. He grinned said deal handed me spurs 1982, I climbed up and cut that sob and came down. Everyone on crew but me thought I would freeze lol, was climber that day on. My very first climb was overhang, btw i don't recommend that, just how it happened for me!

I'm 29, I love working with trees and I'm tired of starting over, I'm not going anywhere by choice. Good luck on your transition and thanks for all the advice.

True story, I worked one week chipping the guys kept riving me about climbing trying to scare me etc :p One day the top climber ask if i thought i could climb I said sure. He said see that 100 foot pine ? Me yup, he said see that big limb overhanging that tree phaze? Me yup, he said if i tell you how to cut it you think you could? Me yup if you think I get a dollar more per hour lol. He grinned said deal handed me spurs 1982, I climbed up and cut that sob and came down. Everyone on crew but me thought I would freeze lol was climber that day on. My very first climb was overhang btw i don't recommend that just how it happened for me!
Lol awesome. I think I'll start a little smaller, stick to the wood line for a bit.

How are your saw and felling skills Scott? I do have some connections on that natural gas pipeline to Fairbanks if you get jammed.
Pretty good, not professional though. I think I doubt my ability to be on the safe side but it's something I'm trying to get over.

By no means am I afraid to use a saw, I'm very comfortable with one. It's trees close to structures that make me doubt.

Back