How long should I drag brush?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the rot on the face, would you winch and just do a back cut? There's obviously no real face cut or hinge wood there.
I made a small face not much just opened that right side then put a binder around the butt too prevent chair pulled the winch until the top shook a tad and cut! I stopped cutting when i had four inch hollow hinge and had my helper winch it on over!

How long should you drag? Until the job's done. I'm not of the school where the climber doesn't drag brush. Everybody works till the job is done. No prima donnas allowed.
I understand that, and our climber does drag. I was asking because iI want to be more valuable and versatile. If you were an employer, would you hire a strictly groundsman experienced, or a climber who started from the bottom and is willing to work every aspect of the job from start to finish, maybe even some quotes?

All kidding aside, I agree with you up to a point, Zale. I've never hesitated to jump in, but there is another side to the story. When I was cleaning up that Bastrop fire, the business owner had a bad habit of swinging by about 4:00 to do "one more job." I learned to hold a little in reserve. I don't mind helping with brush and raking, at my own pace, but by the time I get down I've done my job. Not to mention the groundies had plenty of down time on the clock while I was getting set up.

And yes, Scott, I was taking a risk there and should have come back the next day and done it the right way. If you look at the stump that rot at faller's left could have cost me a fence section and post. Do as I say, not as I do, lol.

Was a sweet drop, though.....

Back