How Many Climbers Work Out / Stretch??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago we had a Frenchman faller from Quebec who logged with us at our cut and skid camp. He was about 5'4" ,150 lbs and had a ? belt in Aikido. He sometimes entertained us by ripping thick phone books in half.
Nobody messed with him.:eek:

Last edited:
I have been involved with sports mostly football my whole life. I have been playing Arena Football for 9 years. I have used nearly every workout known to man. I recently have found a program good for athletes and anyone else who wants to stay in shape. It mostly involves core work. What I like about it is that most excercises involve the entire body unlike traditional routines that focus on one body part at a time. As an athlete or climber it benefits all. A book I recommend is Core Performence by Mike Vergesten. www.coreperformance.com. Take a look, its routines are set up day by day, very imformative illustrations, and video. Its workouts not only strengthen areas that are neglected but also has excercises that help to prevent injuries. It will help with total body flexability and helps the body move as one machine. Beleive me it has helped me and climbing uses a lot of the core muscles. Check it out, it will be worth your time.

Back