How many Farms on AS? answer the poll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many farmer on AS?

• Own or work on a working farm

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • Have owned or work on a farm

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • A family member has a working farm

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • No farm background

Votes: 24 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Farms,. are acres that are tilled, planted, and then harvested,.. Ranches, or raaaaannnchhes, as some one said,..are pastures, where live stock grazes,and then are harvested, Dont Quote me,..Iam Just an old farm boy,... E,J,

Hey I have a rock farm and no tilling is required but each rain
more pop up :laugh: I do till some of it for a food plot though!

Farms,. are acres that are tilled, planted, and then harvested,.. Ranches, or raaaaannnchhes, as some one said,..are pastures, where live stock grazes,and then are harvested, Dont Quote me,..Iam Just an old farm boy,... E,J,
I think you're about right on with that statement.
Here in NY state you have to gross $10,000 to be considered a farm, atleast for land tax exemptions. A farm is property that produces an agricultural commodity. Acreage isn't always a factor, We have vegetable & grape farms in NY state that can gross almost as much as a large grain farm in the midwest, with a lot less acreage. We also have a lot of Dairy farming in our area, but not as much as years ago.

Hey I have a rock farm and no tilling is required but each rain
more pop up :laugh: I do till some of it for a food plot though!
I also grow a lot of rocks, haven't found a good market for the smaller ones yet. :)
Don
berryman

Does a pig farm count?

Right now we are down to 0. When we finish rebuilding the barn I plan on a max of 20 sows. We sell off weiners, BBQers, market hogs and breeders.

We run straits and cross's between Hamps, Duroc and Yorks. One boar of each and 4 sows of each.

In my spare time I go to the day job. Then I cut as much wod as possible when ever possible.

Owl

Does a pig farm count?

Right now we are down to 0. When we finish rebuilding the barn I plan on a max of 20 sows. We sell off weiners, BBQers, market hogs and breeders.

We run straits and cross's between Hamps, Duroc and Yorks. One boar of each and 4 sows of each.

In my spare time I go to the day job. Then I cut as much wod as possible when ever possible.

Owl

All I can remember is pee eww my early farm days my uncle had 500 head! Everthing about them stunk or was messy sloping them ,cutting them cleaning the pens man I almost forgot:laugh:

Last edited:
It seems like a lot of AS members have some type of farm background that's why i started this poll.

1. Own or work on a working farm.

2. Have owned or worked on a farm.

3. A family member has a working farm.

4. No farm background.

We have about 1100 acres, about 80 of it is woods.

Farm

It seems like a lot of AS members have some type of farm background that's why i started this poll.

1. Own or work on a working farm.

2. Have owned or worked on a farm.

3. A family member has a working farm.

4. No farm background.
Own about 900 and farm about 1100. Have about 80 acres of woods, three outdoor boilers a bunch of chainsaws and a huge debt!

hi all...
we have 160 ac, in N. Ontario,,,, most of it is bush, and rock, 50 is almost flat, and swamp.........
we split logs, and mill [norwood mill].
its a weekend only home right now,,,,but soon, i hope to live full time there *s*
take care eh
john

Back