How many of you have a bandit 150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a bandit 150 chipper. I am wondering how much latitude there is in the price they ask for and what you wind up paying. I am looking at getting a 110hp cat turbo diesel, and the base price is $22760. With all of the options its $29,360 before tax. Is it unreasonable to offer them $26,000 out the door including tax? Would you expect to pay more or offer less? Anyone with knowledge in this area would be a great help.
Thanks

I am getting alot of options. I really wanted a winch, live hydraulics, wheel lift cylinder, the larger feed wheels and motors, etc. The same 250 goes for about 5k more. I demo'ed both units and with four guys we couldn't feed a 150 fast enough. I didn't think I needed a 250 unless I was going to be doing alot of clearing and feeding it with a loader.
I'm sure some of you have purchased a new chipper and I just wanted an idea of how much "wiggle room" there is in the price?

bottom price for crappy 6 inch chipper overhere in the uk is $18,000.........man im envious

Do not know if this applies to anyone else, but I have purchased model 65, 90xp and 250xp. They would not budge on the price. They told me what you see is what you get. However, they were kind of flexible when I traded one in for the other....but not much. Not like buying a car.

You should go ahead and buy the 250xp even though you think it is too large for you. After a year of using a 150, you might wish you went ahead with the 250

Why buy new?

I got my 250XP when it was 3 yrs old for $17K, winch and plenty of options. It runs like a top.

Great machine, but you might want to look at the Conehead, or a Bandit Intimidator drum...I dont know what the smallest one goes for.

You wanna know what I say, if your're not gonna go big on a disc, then get a drum. The Conehead kicks a#$, Bandit 10" is sweet, both can be had with a winch etc. Also, there is absolutely no such concept as too big a chipper, hell of alot of trees over 10" so buying a midsize chipper seems self destructive.

I think that getting all those extras on a 150 is kind of foolish. The machine is too small to really justify a 110 Cat. I am pretty sure that the 254XP's are going with 116 Deere's now. I know somebody who went through a 150, then a 200, then a 250. When he got rid of the 250XP it had over 3500 hrs on it. He went and bought an 1890 Intimidator, and soon after purchased a Vermeer BC1800 to replace his 254XP which he only had for a year or so. I talked with him one night and asked how he liked the Vermeer. He said that he was MUCH happier with that then the Bandit.

Back