How many of you would like to see a new STIHL 090 10 CUBE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New 090 10 cube

• Yes

Votes: 222 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully that 084 runs as good as it looks.

there might be a vid of it somewhere. they are not far from morton or buckley log shows, or hoqium also.

here is another saw I found a pic of in an old stihl timbers sports program.

971106.jpg

97racer.jpg

Maybe I missed it, but are those finger ports in that first jug stock/factory??

still up in the air about the finger ports. Dont know if they were original or done to waynes saw later.

would need to tear this one down to see what it has. It is a 3 hour drive for me but due to the historic value of this info he may go for it.

thats another road trip for me. I actualy drove farther than this place yesterday hunting down a guy with a barn full of vintage saws but missed him..

still up in the air about the finger ports. Dont know if they were original or done to waynes saw later.

would need to tear this one down to see what it has. It is a 3 hour drive for me but due to the historic value of this info he may go for it.

thats another road trip for me. I actualy drove farther than this place yesterday hunting down a guy with a barn full of vintage saws but missed him..

Hmmm. . . That would be a really interesting tidbit to hear if Stihl was experimenting with finger-ports in the 10 cube. Looking forward to more!

Thanks for posting all this. :cheers:

If I recall correctly, Madsen's used to have that 10 ci saw on display in their old shop on N. Pearl street. There was also that 084 with the NOS setup. They were the first things you'd see when you walked into the place. Talk about WOW! factor!

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, Madsen's used to have that 10 ci saw on display in their old shop on N. Pearl street. There was also that 084 with the NOS setup. They were the first things you'd see when you walked into the place. Talk about WOW! factor!

that was my first visit ever to madsens. To walk into a walmart sized logger supply store was already a big WOW.

the rows of new stihl and husky was quite impresive. everything up to the 880 and 3120 ready to go.

I first spotted the 084 as it was in the shop but then I asked were the 090 was and the guy says follow me..

We walked back in the storage area and about 20 foot up you could just see the handle and the pipe.

once they got it down he wanted to wipe it down but I just started shooting.

CIMG0423.jpg

Watch for my pics from stihl NW soon from the same day.

Last edited:
Those guys are seriously my favorite. I actually grew up in Centralia. Never knew I had it so good 'til I moved around some. Nowadays I send 'em business every chance I get, and still buy my gear there almost exclusively. There's a little Husky/Echo dealer in Oly I go to also, just because I like the guys that run the place. Still, Madsen's is my all-time favorite. I actually expected to balk some when they moved to their new, big shop space a few years ago, but I find that I like it better because I don't have to wait for them to go across the street to the warehouse any more. Those guys are a class act all the way.

A Stihl 090 probably has the same size piston as my 18hp Evinrude. I wonder if it is a 3 ring piston.

found another 10 cube today. This belongs to Sam at Madsens chainsaw shop in chehalis.

My first visit to this walmart sized shop..cool place.

this 090 10 cube was on a pallet 20 foot up on a rack and they
hauled it down for me to get some pics.

Sam's story of the 10 cube was that when mcCulloch ruled the
kart tracks stihl wanted to build a motor to beat them . Not really intended
to be used in saws but seems like a few were made and only a few are still known to exist.

I knew Madsen had a 090 hotsaw but I did not know it was the 159cc till today.

mad1.jpg

mad2.jpg

mad3.jpg

mad5.jpg

mad7.jpg

mad6.jpg

I just noticed something different about Sam's 090 10 cube, it's a newer style AV model unlike the one Wayne sutton has.

Back