How many TreeLadies out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lorra said:
Well you know, this thread is really excitingn to read. The closest I've ever come to climbing trees was when I was a kid (what kid doesn't eventually climb a tree?)

Lorra, check out Tree Climbing Colorado. They'll get you into a tree in no time and you can learn the fundamentals of tree climbing technique. Their introductory climb is inexpensive:
Tree Climbing Colorado

-moss

Last edited:
coveredinsap said:
Welllllllll.....let's see 'em!

(just kidding!) :)

Nothin' narly, sorry!
Palm thorns make a small entry hole, It's how deep they go that's the problem. :dizzy:

I used my silky hyatuchi 21' for the first time today, oh...wow! What a wonderful piece of kit! it sliced through palm fronds like a knife through butter, I'm totally converted from the Stihl 790, that was good, but this silky is a mile better.:rock:

Personally,
I think women would be better suited for alot of the climbing work I have done. They have a better natural balance, they are much more nurturing and care minded, having less upper body strength could be a great plus. (relying on rigging, rather than brute force is much more dependable) They are less likely to "show off".

Of course the fact is I like the looks of a woman in a saddle. Besides I know a woman who can climb would bring in a lot more business, than an ugly old timer like me.

Just my opinion, not worth much...but its free.

Bermie said:
1.Close call
I haven't had a close call with a saw in a tree.
2.Palms
Yes I trim palms, I've got the scars to prove it! What's to dare about it?
3.Biggest saw
MS880 - check the big bar pictures on the chainsaw thread, that was a one off, just playing around.
044 or 046 to fell a huge twin stem turkey oak (in the UK)
290 is the biggest saw I personally own

Any other questions?

wow, i just purchased a 660 and it has quite a kick to it. You kick ass.

Who got you interested in useing a chainsaw?

:rock: :D :rock:

Old ugly, you nailed it. That opinion is worth much. I felt your post. And Grizz, Berm does kick ass. ArboristSite kicks ass.

Grizzly said:
wow, i just purchased a 660 and it has quite a kick to it. You kick ass.

Who got you interested in useing a chainsaw?

:rock: :D :rock:

Using a big saw is NOT somethig I do on a regular basis, the stuff I work on mostly just doesn't need it, cut selection is the key, and lets be honest, using one all day would be a struggle!
But if I need to well..... My mate just bought a 440, I can borrow his!
I've been working in horticulture/landscaping all my career, chainsaws were part of the deal. Once I moved to Arb., chainsaws ARE the deal, better get to know them and love them!

Hi ya . Well up here in manitoba i work for the city forestry dept.Im one of 3 women climbers in the whole dept .In our work enviroment one day your climbing , the next day your in a 80 ft bucket truck doing a blvd removal. So i do a fair amount of off hour climbing to stay in shape.The guys were kinda cold to me at first ,but after a some climbs and some storm damage work together we all get along great and watch out for one another .Last winter i was made the bush crew lead hand.We bring in extra help for the crews , i had some major problems with some of the non regs that came on .I love my job and i never stop learning from it.

Optiboli said:
Hi ya . Well up here in manitoba i work for the city forestry dept.Im one of 3 women climbers in the whole dept .In our work enviroment one day your climbing , the next day your in a 80 ft bucket truck doing a blvd removal. So i do a fair amount of off hour climbing to stay in shape.The guys were kinda cold to me at first ,but after a some climbs and some storm damage work together we all get along great and watch out for one another .Last winter i was made the bush crew lead hand.We bring in extra help for the crews , i had some major problems with some of the non regs that came on .I love my job and i never stop learning from it.
Welcome, good for you. An 80' bucket truck, awesome, what is it?

Back