How much is insurance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is NY the only place where liability ins is based on gross sales? How are you guys paying set rates? Would that same $1000 cover you if you expand to more than one crew?

The company I had before would audit me every year and go off of my sales. Two years ago my new agent just asked me some questions and that was about it. I have used it twice. Once was when my climbing gear and tools got stolen out of the truck, that was around 3500. That was on a policy that I have for tools and saws that the auto wont cover. I have my saws, tools and other gear insured for 10k. The other claim was on my GL this past fall when I had a low pressure line go and sprayed hydraulic fluid on a house. I tried to take care of it without a claim but they wanted me to turn it in thinking they were going to cash in on it. The insurance company sent out a cleaning company to clean it. The bad deal on that was the HO is a teacher at my kids school so I gave them a good deal on it. When I was done they didnt want to pay me because of the oil mess. My agent was the one that got me paid saying that it had to be a paid job to turn in a claim, she had a check for me when I pick up my boys. If it wasnt for him I dont think they would of paid. So, no more discounts!

I know i am going to get henpecked for asking this but dose this seam about rite?
I do mostly freelance climbing but am thinking of starting my own company and am still in the "figuring out how much this will cost me" stage.
I have a chipper&truck and all the gear ill need to do 98% of the tree's in my area North NJ but I was wondering if this sounds about rite for a 1 crew company.
I got a quote from http://www.treeserviceinsurance.com/ for $1,150.00 per month and thats just liability forget about equipment or employey comp.

so I was wondering what insurance runs a month (or year) for you guys...

let the henpecking commence...
pete
800 a year for 2 million of gen liab.
i am in michigan

I have 2 million in coverage, full coverage insurance on my chip truck, chipper, personal truck, commuting car, stump grinder and trailer as well as a policy that covers all my climbing gear and saws for $400 a month. Through West Bend Insurance in michigan.

Back