How much quicker will it cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
Reaction score
I'm going to get a Husky 353 with a 16 inch bar. I was wondering how much faster a 353 will cut (bucking up firewood mostly, 6 to 16 inches) then my Stihl 021 with a 16 inch bar? Also will the 353 cut faster then my 029 Farm Boss with a 20 inch bar? I run the factory type chains on both these saws and will do the same thing on the Husky. I'm just curious, I cut about 2 face cords today and was thinking about it. Thanks, NYH1!

Not sure how much faster, but it will be a lot lighter!!! I would think it would be a little quicker, not enough you should be abl to notice it, but like I say, it's lighter and a better saw!!!
Andy

Not sure about the 021, but it's lighter than the 029, and should cut a lot faster than the 021, I assume it will cut faster though.
Andy

There is an obvious difference between a 353 and a MS250, so the 021 should be a lot slower than the 353, unless the wood is tiny.

good advice so far

I think the saw will fall right in the middle in both power and weight. the air filtration is well worth it by it self.

GO FOR IT!!

I'm definitely going to get the 353. I might wait until spring to get it though. I'm pretty much done cutting this year. I have a lot of other things to do between now and spring. Who knows what Santa might bring though!

I have to say that I've never been impressed with the way my 029 cuts. Yesterday I was bucking up firewood. The wood was between 8 and 16 inches in diameter. I was using the 021 on the smaller stuff and got the 029 out to cut the bigger stuff. After cutting a few logs with the 029 I switched back to the 021 and finished cutting, even the bigger stuff. The 029 does cut faster then the 021, but for the size and weight it's not that much faster, at least I don't think it is.

If the 353 cuts as fast as my 029 that would be fine by me. It also weighs 2 pounds less!

Back