How much will it haul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowawoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to increase the amount of wood I can haul in a single trip. I found this trailer nearby. The guy says he hauls his harley in it, and he thinks its a 5 by 8 trailer. Im thinking i probably wouldn't load it any more full than the bed of the pickup. I just want to know what you guys think the weight limit is on it.
20210316_215339.jpg

By the pic it looks like it may have been used as a scrap metal hauler - maybe once, maybe a lot of times. Easy to overload, so check that the axle is not bent, springs are not broken/flat, and other structural issues. Check tires for puncture repairs, specifically the sidewalls. Scrap yards are not friendly places for tires. Easy to replace if needed.

Generally those types of trailers are made for occasional residential use, but it might be OK if the price is right and your expectations are not too high. As mentioned above, 1/3 of a cord is about the max you're looking at for weight, though it will hold a lot more than that in volume.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm just going to put my money towards the trailer we have and get it prepped for wood hauling.

Latest posts

Back