How much wood have you sold this season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kawartha Lakes Firewood

I have sold 22 full cords of wood this year. 13 cords to my local customers. I advertised in 2007 on Kijiji but nothing since. All repeat or referral business. It's nice to have people call you back year after year. I am a one man operation and my wife helps out with loading the trailers.

The remaining 9 cords go to a wood fired pizza restaurant in Toronto, 1/2 cord at a time every 3 weeks. Nice steady work and helps with income in the slow times.

I brought in 2 truckloads of logs this year which have about 14 cords per truck. I will burn 4 cords and still have 2 left to sell for a total of 28 cords from the 2 truckloads of logs.

I talked to a guy in Sutton yesterday and the company he works for sells approx 2000 bush cord a year. I seen the sign at their place and it was $135 face cord delivered local or $105 face cord picked up in their yard. Big processor, 2 pay loaders, log trucks, roll off trucks for delivery, 1000's of logs sitting waiting to be cut. They also bag wood for convienence sales.

I have sold 22 full cords of wood this year. 13 cords to my local customers. I advertised in 2007 on Kijiji but nothing since. All repeat or referral business. It's nice to have people call you back year after year. I am a one man operation and my wife helps out with loading the trailers.

The remaining 9 cords go to a wood fired pizza restaurant in Toronto, 1/2 cord at a time every 3 weeks. Nice steady work and helps with income in the slow times.

I brought in 2 truckloads of logs this year which have about 14 cords per truck. I will burn 4 cords and still have 2 left to sell for a total of 28 cords from the 2 truckloads of logs.

Congrats on the biz,I do the same as you but twice as much,plus.Its a hobby that puts a few bucks in your jeans.

I've never used Kijiji only the local rag but like you I have all repeat customers and they tell a friend and they seem to keep me busy.
I advertised 6 years ago and again this year as people either move or graduate to pellet stoves.

Wood fired pizza seems to be the in fad hope it sticks around.

I received a little inside info a while back that all Red Lobsters in NA will become wood fired very soon.

I talked to a guy in Sutton yesterday and the company he works for sells approx 2000 bush cord a year. I seen the sign at their place and it was $135 face cord delivered local or $105 face cord picked up in their yard. Big processor, 2 pay loaders, log trucks, roll off trucks for delivery, 1000's of logs sitting waiting to be cut. They also bag wood for convienence sales.

Cantoo, I believe its on Hwy 29 near Pfefferlaw,close to Sutton. Father and son team.
The pile of logs they have yarded is unbelieveable.

then big brother can go ahead and look me up!i sell for cash only, dont declare the income, and have been known many times to do tree work for cash under the table as well.
I figure im just leveling the playing field a bit,lord knows uncle sam takes a big enough chunk out of my paycheck so he can hand it out to every immigrant that wanders across the border.
+1

Then big brother can go ahead and look me up!I sell for cash only, dont declare the income, and have been known many times to do tree work for cash under the table as well.
I figure Im just leveling the playing field a bit,lord knows uncle sam takes a big enough chunk out of my paycheck so he can hand it out to every immigrant that wanders across the border.

Don't have to many immigrant workers here

Playinwood, the guy I was talking to works for the ones that also own the concrete company. There's 4 or 5 big guys right in that area that do wood. Hard to believe they get that much for wood but he said lots of it goes to Toronto. They were loading 43' dump trucks a few weeks ago.

Didn't realize there were more players.
I'm glad they are getting that price, I sent my BIL there after I told him it was 260 pickup. He was visiting so was going to take a load with him.

He told me 230 pickup "or at least it was a few years ago on Hwy 29"...I get the last laff by the looks of it.

Also his best friend in Oshawa, I sent him to Blackdogon...haven't heard a reply from either.

I just saved myself some money:popcorn:

Back