How much

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbst

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
How much for removal on this tree? With the stump removal and w/o it. Thanks ahead.
(Notice the phone line, too.)

122906_1318a.jpg

122906_1317b.jpg

122906_1317a.jpg

what is to the right of the tree?

that is where sections would be roped away from the phone line and the house. depending if there is a fence there or some other structure it would make the price go up.

Looks like a fairly easy removal. A lot looks like it can be tag lined and or dropped clean. Back chipper and log truck right to the debris. Around here we would probably charge about $900 +/- without the stump and maybe another $200+/- for the stump depending on the flair. I would expect the job to take 2-3hrs with a crew of 3 guys ... plus travel time which is calculated if in our normal territory.

It is pretty hard to give a estimate via pics only. Pics can be decptive so its best that you look at in person.

There is a fence to the right of the tree. So 1100 or so with the removal of the stump?

yea thats a ballpark figure. have you had any co.'s submit a bid? Im curious to know what they qouted you.

No, I am doing it, w/the help of a VERY experienced climber. I am going to be working for their insured company, and want to know what I should charge.

1nsurance co hmmm

i would say 1800 total if the ins co is paying. what are u going 2 do with the wood and brush. I'm assuming u don't have a chipper and a chip truck and its going 2 b a lot more **** then u think when the tree is on the ground:(is your climber gonna help with the whole job? do u need 2 rent any equipment? how much will that cost? are u gonna keep the wood? what if u cause damage to the house/fence/wire/sidewalk or some one gets hurt? these are just some things 2 think about and must be taken into consideration. do u want 2 make money? are u going 2 loose money? do u know what your getting into because if u did u should/could answer your own questions. around here stumps cost 3-4$ per sq in and that does not include removal of the grindings. i think after all said and done after all bills and fees are paid the climber should get half of whatever $ is left. what i would do is open the phone book and have some insured company's give u a bunch of free estimates and make your choice. just mail the ins co the bill all leagel like because the risks are to high. ins fraud is a heavy crime. as a climber i would never have a none experienced person running my ropes:buttkick: and would bring in a rope man. i would also price to take down only 4 only350$ and be done in 1hr max. to remove would cost u like $1200-$1500 depending on the stump because i would use a crane and be cleaned up n outa there in2-1/2hrs max. after payroll,fuel,ins,and a bunch more hidden cost i stilhl need 2 make some money on the job:clap:

No. I am going to be bidding on this job, and then subconracting it back out again. How much to remove the tree? 1800? Not an insurance job, the company that I am subbing it back out to is insured.

I'd say about 900 with stump. Looks like a 2 hour job if you can just climb up 1/3 and notch them both. That should give enough roof for clearace of both house drop and the service wires. Seems pretty staight forward with even just 2 guys. But it also depends exact size of the trunk and what the chipper will take which could make it go up. But even at $8 a yard for wood, it shouldn't make the price jump much.

Back