How Often Do You Wash Your Pants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont got any chaps yet..

I'm still wondering if i should go for the full lumberjack look with the suspenders and I think the chaps would be a nice acessory to the fabulas suspenders I have always wondered why lumberjacks and arborist have suspenders?

I'm still wondering if i should go for the full lumberjack look with the suspenders and I think the chaps would be a nice acessory to the fabulas suspenders I have always wondered why lumberjacks and arborist have suspenders?

It's a comfort thing.

Chaps are heavy. If you don't wear suspenders you have to cinch them tight around your waist or they fall down. With suspenders, you can keep them looser, let some air flow in there, and allow some blood circulation in your waist.

Philbert

Only time I washed mine when I had gas soaked on em ....Long as they dont get stinky,,I dont worry....

I wash mine every time a big tree does something unexpected...

Lol!!!

I wash mine every time a big tree does something unexpected...

I didnt wear any PPE back years ago but when I seen the barbor chair frm my dad..I about lost it.......

Never washed them. When they start to stink I weed eat with them. Makes em smell like grass!

Dont know mine just got broke in last year so for now I am looking like I know something when someone sees me cause my ppe is all dirty .

ooh that sounded dirty my bad. :)

Kansas

when you've blown a hole in the arse ?? :monkey:

LOL!!!
Then my old ragged out cuttin' pants, are one batch of Venison Chili away from the dumpster.:D

My buddy Armondo opened up a Taqueria on his farm a year ago, and damn if his Cabesa burrito's don't keep skeeters and deer flys at bay. LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Exactly. I even traded her push mower in for a rider, so she has more time to wash my pants and get all the vaciuming done before she has to cook dinner. So now she can take a small nap before she has to head out to her 2nd job.

you best hope she dont see this post------:greenchainsaw:

My buddy Armondo opened up a Taqueria on his farm a year ago, and damn if his Cabesa burrito's don't keep skeeters and deer flys at bay. LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote[/QUOTE]
:dizzy::dizzy::greenchainsaw:clown

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
:dizzy::dizzy::greenchainsaw:clown[/QUOTE]

What?
You ain't gotta cut downwind of me.:D

And if ya did, I'd double up on the Jalapenos and refries.:buttkick:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!
Then my old ragged out cuttin' pants, are one batch of Venison Chili away from the dumpster.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The Venison Chili and salmon sharpies hit a strong note at deer camp. Follow the regime with few shots of Jameson's 12 and you can keep up with any of the younger hunters.
ZG

The Labonville Chaps washing instructions say they should only be hand washed. Full blown machine washing can tangle the internal fibres so they don't work properly. No washing at all and getting them all matted with sweat and oil also means the kevlar fibres may not run out properly. So as well as getting rid of external oil and crud, gentle washing helps untangle the fibres so they will work better if they are ever put to the test..

We have a "hand wash" setting on our washing machine which I figure is OK. Considering I only use them on weekend I wash them about twice a year, or if they get saturated in Oil.

My 6 ply Labonville's set have not really come clean since I milled with a buddy's 3120 last summer. While milling I like to lean on the saw with my thigh or on bigger logs with my hip. but the exhaust from the 3120 blew straight onto my thighs covering them with oily crud - buddy insisted on running 25:1 I put them through the machine twice and they are still greasy. That's why I like my 076 and 880 with the exhaust directed away from the oeprator.

As for cleaning the washing machine afterwards I usually put the dogs bedding through immediately after that and blamed the dog if there were any problems ;) One problem has come up though - dog passed away last month so will need to find another excuse.

In winter I wear them over armless overalls and in summer I wear them over cargo shorts. Oh yeah and do wear them sometimes them with the orange stihl suspenders

:cheers:

I've washed mine quite a few times. Just put them on a gentile cycle with less soap than usual, and hang them to dry. They take pretty long to dry, so if you like the pants buy a second pair so you can alternate them.

I typically wait until they really need to be washed - either really dirty, or noticeably 'gamey'

Back