Safety one-liners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanroberts

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The fastest way to get new and overconfident chainsaw operators to be careful in quick, easy quips:

Did you know that lumberjacks with decades of experience still die from this activity?

It is harder to cut your arms if both hands hold the saw.

Do you know how many stitches the average chainsaw accident visit to to Emergency Room requires? A: 120.

If you are not wearing pants, long sleeves, helmet, gloves and eye protection, you are underdressed.

Got any others?

2is1 and 1isNone.
It is not the fall, but the sudden stop.
Learn from horrifying statistics, instead of being one is best.
Slow is steady and steady is fast (rescue version of tortoise and hare)
Average chainsaw emergency room visit: 110+ stitches
(we've all probably heard some lower numbers, but then there is some poor s.o.b. picking up that slack... )
Some pics are 1 liners, beyond a 1000words, even if can't get a single (non cussing)one out
chainsaw_safety.png
cuz this game, ain't no game ! half liner/double impact as a tailer in a 1-2 punch(line) sense!
i went to a local funeral decades ago, heard such a primal cry from the husband that found his wife on a jobsite drooling from the wrong end of the chipper monster; that still chillingly haunts thru my bones as if they were nothing.
(guess that qualifies as more than 1 line; but has kept me and all around me very safe none the less )

The fastest way to get new and overconfident chainsaw operators to be careful in quick, easy quips:

Did you know that lumberjacks with decades of experience still die from this activity?

It is harder to cut your arms if both hands hold the saw.

Do you know how many stitches the average chainsaw accident visit to to Emergency Room requires? A: 120.

If you are not wearing pants, long sleeves, helmet, gloves and eye protection, you are underdressed.

Got any others?

Spending quite a bit of my life UP in the Trees myself, i came up with this one:

Cut small stand Tall
Cut Big
Six feet you may Dig

THERE ARE LEVELS:

The wise person questions and gets it right the first time.
The smart person learns from other’s mistakes.
The regular person learns from their own mistakes.
Then there is the person that never learns.

Back