How to id older stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbroome2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How can i id an older stihl chainsaw? It had a metal airfilter cover with the choke lever coming through it, also has a seperate on off switch near throttle trigger, and cylinder lays horizontally. I think the piston measured 44mm if my memory serves correctly. thanks in advance.

That doesnt tell me much. if you can get a serial number, or a part number off something on the saw, it might give a good clue.

No, not 08S, the starter cover on those is similar to 090 style. the one on that saw makes me think of something in the 030 style.

guys, i think you nailed it i think it is an 041 i got on ebay and was looking and it looks like all of them i see. even the gaskets look like them. so does anyone have an upper handle bar mount for one of these? thanks for all your help

tkemble said:
Thats a 041 farmboss when it was a non AV model.
Travis

I'll second this.

It's not an 08S or an 031/032. The 08S handle is mounted somewhat like a top handle, the 031/032 isn't a horizontal cylinder model.

Latest posts

Back