How to remove 441 carb with throttle cable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Sorry guys need some help, first time working on a 441 and I’m trying to get it down to remove the cylinder. How do I remove this throttle cable? Any tips on getting down to be able to remove the cylinder would be appreciated. This is a whole different animal than the 1128s9AE2C57F-0CA3-4C74-89D0-AE02CF8654AB.jpeg

Sorry guys need some help, first time working on a 441 and I’m trying to get it down to remove the cylinder. How do I remove this throttle cable? Any tips on getting down to be able to remove the cylinder would be appreciated. This is a whole different animal than the 1128sView attachment 834254

nevermind I figured it out lol

Your rebuild "fun' has started on this machine. Wait until you go a few steps further. This baby is a gorilla waiting to unleash its fury. BTDT :crazy:

BTW. I notice no wires. Did you already disconnect all of them? Are you sure this is the M-tronic? Looks like your carb is adjustable. The M-tronic's carb is not.

I actually got the carb model and the mtronic model, the mtronic model looks new cause it got ran over, so I’m using all the good parts off the mtronic model to rebuild the non mtronic model, the entire crank case is good on the mtronic, so I may use that whole crankcase also since the reg one had scoring on the exhaust side that makes me think there may have been an air leak.

And does this look like bad gas or an air leak to y’all? I’m not set up to pressure and vac, I know I really should be ain’t gotta tell me. Anybody got a pdf of the stihl engine failure analysis book?EBEC943A-9708-491C-BE8B-D3C94BE03C44.jpeg

I'd say it was straight gassed, just like mine was. Removing the piston's pin was very hard tp do. Not sure if it was for you, but mine was stuck tight as a drum. Liquid Wrench helped a little. Of course, mine is the M-tronic model. You may find the entire repair a bit easier than what I went through. Wait until you have to send the manifold back through that carb bracket. I tried using the strings as shown in the SM, and that failed miserably.

Just a FYI the case on the clutch side is different on a m tronic then a non m tronic.right where the coil bolts too.i know for sure a m tronic coil will not fit in a non m tronic.been down that road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you can't test it for leaks when finished I certainly wouldn't waste time or money on parts on it. I know you won't listen though.

Haven’t had a saw that I’ve “wasted” money on.... but will it make you happy if I run and get a mity vac dad?

Just a FYI the case on the clutch side is different on a m tronic then a non m tronic.right where the coil bolts too.i know for sure a m tronic coil will not fit in a non m tronic.been down that road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
If you can't test it for leaks when finished I certainly wouldn't waste time or money on parts on it. I know you won't listen though.

What else will I need besides the mity vac kit to test saws with?

Haven’t had a saw that I’ve “wasted” money on.... but will it make you happy if I run and get a mity vac dad?
Take my advice or don't. Frying Stihl parts gets old quick, so does wasting time re-doing your work, I haven't had the pleasure of doing a 441 yet but people I trust have told me what a PITA they are.

I'll be curious to hear if I'm right about you or not though.

Take my advice or don't. Frying Stihl parts gets old quick, so does wasting time re-doing your work, I haven't had the pleasure of doing a 441 yet but people I trust have told me what a PITA they are.

I'll be curious to hear if I'm right about you or not though.

So this is what I need and what else? And don’t worry dad I’m about to make you proud... I know I’ve been needing one, your first comment was out of line.0BDD3DAA-B800-4A9D-A2D5-31E7AFF12D14.png0BDD3DAA-B800-4A9D-A2D5-31E7AFF12D14.png

What is the common items used for sealing? And does the pic I linked do pressure and vac?

So this is what I need and what else? And don’t worry dad I’m about to make you proud... I know I’ve been needing one, your first comment was out of line.View attachment 834341View attachment 834341
You need to be able to pressure AND vac test. So not that one.

One quick look through your history will tell anyone you're not the one to be giving lessons on out of line comments...

How about you **** and listen to folks that have learned some things the hard way eh? If you talked to your real father like this I can see why your mouthy ass has such a need to battle the world.

You need to be able to pressure AND vac test. So not that one.

One quick look through your history will tell anyone you're not the one to be giving lessons on out of line comments...

How about you **** and listen to folks that have learned some things the hard way eh? If you talked to your real father like this I can see why your mouthy ass has such a need to battle the world.

It’s all in good fun on here man lighten up. So can you help me on what to get? So the mity vac that tests pressure and vac, and what do y’all usually do for block off plates or plugs. And yeah I might be like that in the political forum but I haven’t been over there in months.

It’s all in good fun on here man lighten up. So can you help me on what to get? So the mity vac that tests pressure and vac, and what do y’all usually do for block off plates or plugs. And yeah I might be like that in the political forum but I haven’t been over there in months.
There are many threads on what to use to block off intakes and exhausts. Probably even a 441 build thread or two. Maybe even a vid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The coil don’t bolt to the clutch side..
Not too sure I follow you?

And seems like this one does pressure
And vac according to the description7480E7B1-B76C-4106-B0CA-6C9F7D6D2241.png

Latest posts

Back