How to remove 441 carb with throttle cable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you replace seals I would highly recommend getting the seal drivers and a seal guide for the clutch side.and bearings are pricey.theres no aftermarket what so ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you replace seals I would highly recommend getting the seal drivers and a seal guide for the clutch side.and bearings are pricey.theres no aftermarket what so ever.

Alright thanks, I’m probably going to use the case that was 2 weeks old when it got ran over so seals and bearings should be good but I’m going to get a mityvac

Just a FYI the case on the clutch side is different on a m tronic then a non m tronic.right where the coil bolts too.i know for sure a m tronic coil will not fit in a non m tronic.been down that road.

They look the same in the coil area what exactly didn’t work?DDA8505F-5036-4E1A-8F2E-BB73F508CAEC.jpeg

I too have a 441 that was straight gased. Rupedogg and I replaced the piston and sanded down the cylinder a bit....compression is solid now. The issue im running into is that something is funky with the throttle cable...when i have it wide open it doesnt reflect that on the carb (id say its about 75% open). Ive reseated the throttle cable portion with the little ball but still wont seem to open up fully.

One things for certain...GOD DAMN these things are a PITA to do anything on!

I too have a 441 that was straight gased. Rupedogg and I replaced the piston and sanded down the cylinder a bit....compression is solid now. The issue im running into is that something is funky with the throttle cable. When i have it wide open it doesnt reflect that on the carb (I'd say it's about 75% open). I've reseated the throttle cable portion with the little ball but it still won't open up fully.

One things for certain...GOD DAMN these things are a PITA to do anything on!
Replacing that throttle cable is a lot tougher than removing it. You must remove the carb and try again. You really have no choice. The Service Manual Pics are very poor. The end of the cable's sleeve must be behind the plastic holder of the felt, not on the carb's side of it. Otherwise the trigger will not pull the carb's flap all the way open. To do that, you must pull out (extend) and position the sleeve between the impulse hose and the fuel line nipples. You also might find it helpful to remove the pre-separator in order to view the side of cable. I did.

This reinstallation procedure is anything but easy. :crazy:

So this is what I need and what else? And don’t worry dad I’m about to make you proud... I know I’ve been needing one, your first comment was out of line.View attachment 834341View attachment 834341
It was, he's a nutswinger but everyone knows that here, if you arent doing a platinum dealer level build with 60k in specialty tools and oem parts its simply not good enough for some people.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Going back together after tear down, using the best parts from each to build a non mtronic B83007AA-E13A-4D8D-8D3D-88780CDAC29C.jpegD4ECFA6C-E94D-4A94-A90B-5DE8142B5DEC.jpeg

Attachments

• C8D38FD6-55AA-4E7B-AD52-6FA7948429EE.jpeg
    C8D38FD6-55AA-4E7B-AD52-6FA7948429EE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • F02D119E-9F0D-40B6-ADBE-C149C5C20621.jpeg
    F02D119E-9F0D-40B6-ADBE-C149C5C20621.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
It was, he's a nutswinger but everyone knows that here, if you arent doing a platinum dealer level build with 60k in specialty tools and oem parts its simply not good enough for some people.

Or maybe he just calls a spade a spade?

Replacing that throttle cable is a lot tougher than removing it. You must remove the carb and try again. You really have no choice. The Service Manual Pics are very poor. The end of the cable's sleeve must be behind the plastic holder of the felt, not on the carb's side of it. Otherwise the trigger will not pull the carb's flap all the way open. To do that, you must pull out (extend) and position the sleeve between the impulse hose and the fuel line nipples. You also might find it helpful to remove the pre-separator in order to view the side of cable. I did.

This reinstallation procedure is anything but easy. :crazy:
Thanks man, ill take a gander at it and see. Thats definitely whats going on....the carb flap isnt opening all the way. Tearing it down again sounds miserable, but i got the straight gased saw for free and im about 60 bucks into it so id say its still a pretty damn good deal so far :) im assuming this is exactly what the root cause of it is, as we tore the whole thing down, swapped the piston, and reassembled.

He is just jelly cause I build a better saw than him.... facts.... btw 441 build is coming along nicely, I’m gonna finish it tonight, need to make a beer run lol. He can clean my harbor freight tools when I’m done.... this bottom end had 2 weeks on it before it was ran over, doubt there’s going to be an air leak.... lol14D8FE45-C755-45E1-979A-9246BFE069BD.jpegAB0A11DE-8D9F-4FDE-ABA6-E2E81C21748D.jpeg3408A850-B7A6-4A9F-9C4A-B05CF474F688.jpeg

He is just jelly cause I build a better saw than him.... facts.... btw 441 build is coming along nicely, I’m gonna finish it tonight, need to make a beer run lol. He can clean my harbor freight tools when I’m done.... this bottom end had 2 weeks on it before it was ran over, doubt there’s going to be an air leak.... lolView attachment 834493View attachment 834494View attachment 834495

Throttle cable wasn’t bad at all.... lolView attachment IMG_0353.MOV

Attachments

• trim.25B5AF6C-A1D8-4089-9205-F30F22010AA7.MOV
    1.8 MB
Here's what mine looks like with trigger maxed

Attachments

• 20200308_161550.jpg
    20200308_161550.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200308_161550.jpg
    20200308_161550.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

441/441c hybrid complete at 1am lol will finish up the small sh** tmw. I’m tired lol.

Lotus I’ll get you some pics tmw it should be opening close to full I’m pretty sure.

@cuinrearview like my stihl? Hehe

Latest posts

Back