How to ship a used saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I recently bought a small lot of saws and have decided to sell off one I don't need. Before I put it up for sale I need to learn the tricks of how to ship it without the smell of pre-mix. I recently shipped car parts and got a ear full
from the chick behind the counter because in description I put "Auto Parts"
and was not specific enough. She told me that if it contacts gas/oil in any way and they can detect an odor it will returned to you at your expense.
I know this is not a new policy at UPS but I think they intend to strictly enforce it now.

Any tips or tricks?

Thanks, Jeff

Shipping

Jeff,

I have shipped and received a few recently. Drain it of fluids early and let it air out. Pit it in two trash bags sealed up well and you won't have too much trouble.

Larry

hautions11 said:
I have shipped and received a few recently. Drain it of fluids early and let it air out. Pit it in two trash bags sealed up well and you won't have too much trouble.

Exactly. Double bag it, tying each one off individually. Use a decent box and tape ALL the edges of the box (a good idea anyway). You should be fine.

I've never had a problem shipping saws, though I only use FedEx.

Just use the Post office.

You can get your labels online and give the package to the mailman.

Most likely you package will actually arrive in one piece too.

UPS=:bang:

Latest posts

Back