how would you do this job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLumberJack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a pretty big job to do.

I know what I'll do with the tree, but what about the roots?? how would you get that stump out?

* without a dozer or cat....or should i rent one?
Tree-Down-on-Union-St-near-Keith-Ave-Roots-6-13-8-753035.jpg

Get a mini excavator in there and dig the roots out. A good operator can do that in no time and won't damage the yard either.

Get a mini excavator in there and dig the roots out. A good operator can do that in no time and won't damage the yard either.

i might sub it out...i have a few friends who would do it cheap...

you up around Erie? I was just up there steelhead fishing.
in-laws live in New Castle.

I dont know about the roots but I would call the cops about them two legs sticking out of the bottom right side of the root ball. See thats why the Italians used cement.

i might sub it out...i have a few friends who would do it cheap...

you up around Erie? I was just up there steelhead fishing.
in-laws live in New Castle.

I'm about an hour and a half south east of Erie, by Warren Pa. I don't think New Castle is super far away.

Last edited:
lol sorry looks like someones legs sticking out. Her husband didnt go missing in the recent past did he?

legs.jpg

ok i just finalized the deal...i'm doing all the saw work and my friend is doing the bobcat. he's charging me $200.
I rounded the price off at $1500 total for the lady since she isn't having me take away the big pieces of wood, since she'll be burning it.

ok i just finalized the deal...i'm doing all the saw work and my friend is doing the bobcat. he's charging me $200.
I rounded the price off at $1500 total for the lady since she isn't having me take away the big pieces of wood, since she'll be burning it.

Not having to remove the wood it sounds like you got a pretty good price

good job now get to work...:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Ok. This might be a little boa####l, but I am really being truthful.

I'd go there with my chipper truck, and I would dispose of the tree. I'd bring along my Bobcat A300, and I would shake that root ball loose, and cut any remaining roots.

I would have stolen that job from you, because I would have probably been cheaper, and I would have brought enough topsoil to fill the hole and re-grade the area.

You should have offered restoration as part of your bid, since the customer will need it, and you would have been there with a machine capable of doing the job. It's probably not too late, consider it an opportunity to "sell up".

Latest posts

Back