Huskee 35 ton log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratso

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My neighbor just got one boy is it nice.It cycles alot faster than my speeco 20 ton.

It blows through eucalyptus much faster than the fiskars.

Over the summer there was a 3 year old 35ton Huskee on craigslist for $700.
I couldn't work the 2 1/2hr drive into my schedule for a few days so it was gone before I could get there. Picture looked like it was hardly used. I was going to buy it and sell my 22ton Huskee for the same $700. I like my 22 ton just fine, but the 35 ton would have been a nice upgrade at no cost.

New Model vs. Older Model

I am not that familiar with the newer model 35 ton but I do have a 2-year old model. The engine has been moved to the other side of the splitter on the newer model.

One advantage of this is the operator is further away from the noise and exhaust fumes. One disadantage could be this -- without a work table on the engine side a split could fall over onto the engine. hmmmm

However the 35 ton model is a good one regardless of which side the engine is on. I've never had anything mine would not split.

Nosmo

The big thing with these splitters was for a few years they had a hallow cast steel foot rather than a solid burnout plate.

The cast ones are notoriously weak and when worked hard will fail.

The big thing with these splitters was for a few years they had a hallow cast steel foot rather than a solid burnout plate.

The cast ones are notoriously weak and when worked hard will fail.

Yeah, as soon as they switched back to the solid plate, I bought one. It hasn't bent off of 90 degrees through 2+ years of splitting horizontally and vertically.

Latest posts

Back