Huskee 35 ton splitter 4 way wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkosich

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a 4 way wedge that fits into the bolt of the huskee 35 ton wood splitter? I've tried the one where it slips over the single wedge with the wire attaching it, it breaks off with hardly any pressure. I need one that removes the single wedge and replace with a 4 way.

Hey beerman6, the wedge that slips on sucks, it broke the wire cable holding it on in 5 mins. Definitely, not worth getting.

Can you elaborate on why the slip on doesn't stay on? I made one for my splitter and it works great. I do have to give it a smack with a hammer to free it up to get it off. I find it odd that the pressure exerted on it doesn't make it want to stay on?

slipon four way wedges can be dangerous in vertical mode.
they are meant for horizontal mode ...

top layer can come flying at you when operating in vertical mode. you are positioned right in front of ram in vertical position.

northstar

Check out the wedge for a northstar (northern tool). Not the best design but better than the single wedge I used to have.

i was going to say... i have a north star horizontal from northern tool... tried that 4 way slip on don't ever get one of those... sent it right back, all it did was put a huge gouge in my other wedge.

i think these slip on 4 way wedges are meant for like 8"-10" rounds.

I have been useing a 4 way wedge from northern for years i bought the 4-way and then got a piece of 1 inch round bar that is bent at a 90 degree and it slips over the huskee 35 ton wedge and the round bar goes from the top of the 4way down behind the existing wedge i will try and take a pic and post bought anyway works great have split close to 400 cords in 4 years with no problem works great how ever it will fall off if you try and use it vertically

I only use my splitter in the vertical position,If I can pick the round up high enough to get it on the splitter in the horizontal position,it dont need to get split....

Latest posts

Back