Huskee Log Splitters on sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC4TN

NC4TN

ArboristSite Operative
Just got the latest email promotion from Tractor Supply; looks like they've lowered the prices of their log splitters by $100 across the board; prices effective until Oct 24.

Anybody got one of those 10% off coupons for the Huskee Log Splitters that they're not going to use? I'm thinking about getting the 22 tonner to pull with my ATV. The coupon would bring the price down to $899; not a bad deal if I must say!

Thanks in advance!

It's supposed to get down to 48°F tonight here in East Tennessee tonight!

RRSsawshop

RRSsawshop

ArboristSite Operative
:angrysoapbox:I wouldn't buy anything from TSC !!!! H:censored:L I wouldn't take something from that company if they gave it to me for free !!!!:angrysoapbox:

fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
i stopped at a grand opening saturday.

everything was way overpriced chinese junk for the most part.pretty sad.

i remember them being a good outfit when i was a kid.

i left wit the free chicom hat they gave me.that will go in the woodstove in the fall.

NC4TN

NC4TN

ArboristSite Operative
I like my 35 tonner; and I've split a lot of wood with it. It's just a bit too much to drag around on this old steep mountain land with the Grizzly. Does any body know anything about the Northern Tool #1107 20 ton splitter? Purportedly made in the states. Anybody know who by? Thanx!

wkpoor

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
All the problems have been with the 27 and 35 ton models. The 22 ton hasn't had any issues that I've heard of. At least the ones that are the old design. Its the new curvy formed beam w/cast foot that is gving them the trouble. I have the old 22 toner and so does my neighbor for several yrs now with now troubles at all.

TreePointer

TreePointer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
The coupons I got in the mail for the TSC pre-season firewood/heating supplies expired on August 20, and the new prices were in effect at my local TSC at that time, too.

One of the sales associates told me that TSC is planning on getting 25 ton models from Speeco/Huskee. He didn't say what it would replace or when. I'll try to pick his brain later this week. ;)

sbhooper

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought a 22-ton awhile back and it is a good machine. The valve worked fine, but was sticking and Speeco quickly sent me a new one. I have split probably 10+ cords with it and it works great.

It does not matter which store you go into as far as Chinese products. The U.S. flat is not making many things anymore. Politics, labor issues and granola heads have destroyed our markets. We cannot compete and so are losing out.

hoogie

hoogie

ArboristSite Member
not sure bout what all you've said and i'm not doubting it. But in my experience between my neighbor and i we've split 30 cord this yr. with the 35 ton. Man that things a beast. I won't own anything else. Maybe i'm just one of the lucky ones and have dodge a bullet about the toe plate. Thanks just my two cents worth....Charlie....:givebeer:

SAWFISH

SAWFISH

ArboristSite Member
I have the 35 ton model and I love it, it is 4 or 5 years old so it has the solid steel toe plate not the cast one. I have split 50 full cord of wood with it and had no problems (I did make a new wedge for it though because I did not like the one that came on it). I was lucky enough to get it for a real good price $ 1100 or $1200 but I had to assemble it which was no big deal. I was in Tractor supply the other day and was lucky enough to see them getting ready to throw out a new style beam for a 28 ton model that had a broken toe plate, they let me have it for free, I am not quite sure what to do with it though....
I noticed that they have a new 35 ton with electric start and diamond plate alum fenders (mine are plastic and one is broke) for I believe $2150.00.

Brushstomper

Brushstomper

ArboristSite Lurker
I've had a 22 ton Huskee about 2 years and have used a lot. Does a good job and no problems so far. I don't if the new ones are still built by Speeco or not.

ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes I have had some beam issues

The cast foot is the issue. The welds did not fail. They pulled the casting out with them. Speeco has stepped up to the plate.And promptly shipped me replacements each time. Now if they ever stop a shipping them. It is a really simple fix. Get a piece of 1.5 inch thick steel and weld it on to the end.. Lifetime solution. Their splitters are not the fastest. But then again they are nbot the most expensive out there. I have yet to find a piece of wood that will stall this 28 ton splitter.Even the footplate can not stop it. LOL

RRSsawshop

RRSsawshop

ArboristSite Operative
everything was way overpriced chinese junk for the most part.pretty sad.

i remember them being a good outfit when i was a kid.

i left wit the free chicom hat they gave me.that will go in the woodstove in the fall.

EXPLAIN ?????? Fishercat said it all already!!!CHICOM CRAP CHINESE JUNK
Go give the little guy your business and send a message to this company!!
The
Sh:censored:t
Company
:angrysoapbox:

LogLogLog

LogLogLog

ArboristSite Lurker
EXPLAIN ?????? Fishercat said it all already!!!CHICOM CRAP CHINESE JUNK
Go give the little guy your business and send a message to this company!!
The
Sh:censored:t
Company
:angrysoapbox:

I thought they were assembled by Americans in Colorado, USA? And sold by Americans?

Must have been mistaken.

RRSsawshop

RRSsawshop

ArboristSite Operative
I thought they were assembled by Americans in Colorado, USA? And sold by Americans?

Must have been mistaken.

READ the thread Weird- TSC Husky 27 ton splitter on here!!!
MY main rant is against TSC and how they want there employees to lie to make them $$$$$ while the employee makes minimum wage...
Now for the splitters themselves they DO have problems...
1 weak toe plate welds
2 weak beams they will bend
3 oil filter check valve problems they break and get lodged in the suction hose
4 control valve problems
5 occasional leaky cylinder
Speedco will warranty the parts under most conditions BUT do you really want your splitter down when YOU NEED to split wood???:monkey:

68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman

I know this is an old thread but I've been looking at log splitters and found this thread. And I noticed that the Huskee wasn't liked by some. So I would like to know what log splitters would you guys suggest? Because I don't want to get something that I don't want. Thanks for any help it's appreciated.

sbhooper

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
There are lots of splitters out there, but many of them are much higher priced than the Huskee. I have a 22-ton that has done very well. I did have to replace the valve, but they did not hesitate to do it on warranty. I have really put it to the test with some stout wood and it has really held up well.

"Better" is a bit relative. How can a splitter be better just because it costs more. The Huskee does everything a splitter is suppose to and does it for less money than most. To me, that is "better".

Latest posts