Huskee splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pea

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone on here own a Huskee woodsplitter? Tractor Supply has a 28 ton with Honda motor for around $1,529. Has anyone had good luck or bad with Huskee splitters?

I've got the green version (speeco), runs good. I added a little metal where the hinge is tacked at the tank, seemed a little weak to me...

I have the speeco 25 ton and it is awsome!! I've split about 8 bush cord so far and i must say it is a very good machine! Good on fuel to!!!:cheers:

Got the 27 Ton. Been beating on it for over a year now. Probably 30+ cords.
No problems other than a Hydro pump that locked up after some elm Crotches. Speeco sent a replacement pump lickety split, and it's back in service.

I used a buddys 22 Ton for a couple seasons, and though it is a bit slower, it will punch through 40" Oak and Elm rounds untill you get too tired to play anymore.

Customer service from Speeco is the best there is out there period.

One guy here even pushed the limits of sanity on a warranty claim, and Speeco went to the edge of the earth to make the guy happy.
Ya can't beat Speeco in that regard. Just plain good folks!

I'd definately buy another in a heartbeat.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks Dinger!!!

Dinger, thanks for the kind words. We do pride ourselves on taking care of our customers and appreciate the positive comments!

Thanks,
Kevin@ speeco
customer service rep/technical support

Just bought a Speeco 22T about a week ago. 6 tanks of gas through it so far. Very happy with it.

I have the 35 ton unit, It's an older model. built really well. Just got through using it and it's 98 degrees here. It splits anything you can put on it. The only complaint i had about it today is it has no air conditioner.lol You will like it. 28 ton is plenty big enough.

Spiltter

I purchased a Huskee 35 ton last year b4 the change to the new model and higher price. Split 50 - 60 cord between me and my buddy, splits everything, may grunt some but it still gets the job done, happy so far.

I have a Huskee 28 ton. Other than carb problems it has been a grat splitter. Mine has a Tecumseh engine. The Honda should be much better.

I have the 22ton model, now on the second year and split many cords, beech, maple, elm, cherry, mulberry, ash and ironwood. Many up to about 42" across have gone through and she keeps on going, so far so good. The only problem I have had is the detent return doesn't always stay locked in return, however most often I find it just as easy to hold until its back 18" or so rather than let it go all the way back to fully retracted around 27".

I added a swivel / crank jack with a wheel to replace the flip down stand and 2 home made platforms / shelves on either side of the beam to hold blocks as needed that work great.

I would recommend this line of splitters when comparing to others, keeping pricing in mind of course, they seem hard to beat.

I've got an old 35 ton Speeco and it's been used and abused and poorly maintained and has never missed a beat.

Gets 10-12 cord a year for the last 10+ years and I haven't done anything to it but hyd. filter/oil and re-pack the bearings on the stubs.

I hate the B&S engine but it seems to keep running ... it must know I have a commercial Honda 11hp waiting in the wings!

Does anyone on here own a Huskee woodsplitter? Tractor Supply has a 28 ton with Honda motor for around $1,529. Has anyone had good luck or bad with Huskee splitters?

Got one. Love it. Customer service is great. Mine's the 35 ton. I bent the toe plate on an old, dead, harrrrrd, oak crotch. Big sucker.

Read all about it:

The wood:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74150

The bent toe plate, and how it got fixed:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74629

IMO, it's every bit as good as the Iron & Oak, or the American, at a much better price.

The catch?

Not made in the U.S. :(

i have used them.

for the money they are great splitters but they are no where close to the Americans.this i can assure you.

no doubt about the price.

this is what makes them so appealing.the are great for the money.my buddy bought one a few years ago.it has split a lot of woor.the valve was junk and was replaced with a Prince.the layout isn't very good but it will split wood.

it actually sold me on the American.

Filter on the Huskee 22

Anybody that's bought a Huskee 22 ton splitter lately; is there a spin-on hydraulic filter installed on the late models from TSC? The ones I see on display at our local TSC don't have them. The ones made over a year ago have the filter unit just like the one on my 35 tonner. Is this something they have omitted lately? Thanx!

For those looking, my 35 ton is a horse! Love it. Goes through that old knotty locust like butter.

Stihl 038 Super
Stihl MS-361
Stihl MS-260 Pro
Husky 55
Dolmar PS-5100 (New toy..love it so far!)

My 35 ton Huskee is built like a brick S**t house. Its a year old , and never had a lick of problems,, The new 35 ton Huskees look just as tough,, For the money they can't be touched. I hear the boys talking ,, Iron & Oak,,,Timber wolf,,,,American,,, Dudes,, those splitters cost $3000- $5000 ++.. For a 35 ton Huskee/Speeco is $1500.. Give me 2 Huskees for the price of their one.. The others are not that much better,,, hey ,,this is not rocket technology,, a motorized ram and allot of steel..Huskee's are well worth the money..! Honda or Briggs you pick..!

Back