Huskvarna 262XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new goto saw.
attachment.php

Mine is just south of 170psi, I'm ok with that!

What's the little compartment in the bottom of the rear handle all about??

:cheers:
Mike

Mine is just south of 170psi, I'm ok with that!

What's the little compartment in the bottom of the rear handle all about??

:cheers:
Mike

That's were the microprocessor was in the "M" model ,,,,
(Don't think it was so micro though)

Lorax,

I have recently picked up an early 262, and the left front av mount is really just an alloy stub that fits very loosely in a 'tube' that is part of the tank assy. I actually slipped a bit of rubber tube over it to take up a bit of the slack, not knowing any better.
Is that the area that your reference article is suggesting be shoe-horned in another av mount, because it would make perfect sense to have near-equal pressure pushing out from the centre tank assy onto the metal cases either side, rather than just hanging on one like my model appears to rely on.

Cheers, Adam..

Lorax,

I have recently picked up an early 262, and the left front av mount is really just an alloy stub that fits very loosely in a 'tube' that is part of the tank assy. I actually slipped a bit of rubber tube over it to take up a bit of the slack, not knowing any better.
Is that the area that your reference article is suggesting be shoe-horned in another av mount, because it would make perfect sense to have near-equal pressure pushing out from the centre tank assy onto the metal cases either side, rather than just hanging on one like my model appears to rely on.

Cheers, Adam..

Hi Adam

The article says that they used a cut down 254 rear mount (rubber) and shoved it into the hole on the other side of the big front spring.
Thats what my saw had when it came and I think it is probably the way most will have their saws setup now.
You are right that the saw will be better supported as it will have 4 points of contact rather than just 3.

nice 262xp....

just sold my 365 in really nice condition ... that little saw was a beast!
should have kept it, but got too many saws...:chainsaw:

So who outbid me on the 262XP from Michigan on the bay? I checked it out friday and ran it, great shape. Worked him pretty hard to try and get him to close his listing Friday.

Last edited:
How about an almost new bar?
IMG_104-7.jpg

That one looks like it has a real mag clutch cover - I am actually quite shocked how many of them that don't......:jawdrop::jawdrop::censored:

OK - my mood is still bad, but I think I can control it........:censored:

That one looks like it has a real mag clutch cover - I am actually quite shocked how many of them that don't......:jawdrop::jawdrop::censored:OK - my mood is still bad, but I think I can control it........:censored:

I have a brand new one, but it has a funny pin that sticks out and needs to cut off before it will fit the 262.
It also came with a grey plastic diamond shaped cover for the wiring on the heated handle and a small rubber cup about 10mm x 10mm, the purpose for which I haven't discovered.
attachment.php

I have a brand new one, but it has a funny pin that sticks out and needs to cut off before it will fit the 262.
It also came with a grey plastic diamond shaped cover for the wiring on the heated handle and a small rubber cup about 10mm x 10mm, the purpose for which I haven't discovered.
attachment.php

Mine uses that funny pin. Must be some changes while in production.

That one looks like it has a real mag clutch cover - I am actually quite shocked how many of them that don't......:jawdrop::jawdrop::censored:

OK - my mood is still bad, but I think I can control it........:censored:

I bought this cover at a Husky dealer used, the original had a decent chunk missing from it....both alloy.

Mine uses that funny pin. Must be some changes while in production.

Reading that old report from 91 they specifically say that the 254 and 262 clutch covers are different, something to do with the internal weights in the handle.
I never knew that they were different, I thought the covers were all the same and interchangable(they are physically) but the weighting for the inertia brake must be different.

Reading that old report from 91 they specifically say that the 254 and 262 clutch covers are different, something to do with the internal weights in the handle.
I never knew that they were different, I thought the covers were all the same and interchangable(they are physically) but the weighting for the inertia brake must be different.

I have a 262 cover on my 254, hope I am not putting myself in harms way?

Latest posts

Back