Husky 135 Fine Tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfMann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up a 135 for clearing overgrowth and limbing felled trees. I like it alright. Wanted to fine tune the carb to get the most out of it, found a copy of workshop manual (pic below) Couldn't find 12-12,500 on the tach. Ended up tuning it in the wood, starting rich then backing off until it clears up in the cut. Wondering if anyone here has fiddled with one of these before? Is there maybe some trick to carb I'm not using? Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-03-17-15-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-03-17-15-05.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 13
I usually run the idle screw in a bit for a fast idle, set the H & L to spec (per the instruction sheet) and fire up the saw. I back out the idle screw to as low a speed as the saw will run without dying. Then I adjust the L needle until rpms max out and back it out (rich) a quarter turn. Then I back off the idle screw again (if needed) until the chain stops moving and re-adjust the L screw again for max speed, then back off a quarter turn (rich). I repeat this exercise until I get a good slightly rich idle. Then I go wide open throttle and adjust the H needle to max speed and back off a quarter turn (rich) so that it 4-strokes with no load and will 2-stroke just below top speed in the cut. I think this pretty much works for about any 2-stroke saw.

Part of the problem here is the rev limited coil. I learned I could feather the throttle and slowly bring up the reading to max on the tach (without having it go wonky from the coil). But even as I progressively leaned out H I couldn't find 12-12.5k on the tach. Wondering if the workshop manual I found is for an older model saw?

I rebuilt one two years ago. Fuel line was shot and bar oil was leaking into the fuel tank and vice versa. So, I had to replace the fuel lines and rebuild the tank at the divider with gasket sealer. Not easy, but that worked. After that, the saw ran beautifully. I offered the owner $150 for it after the rebuild. He turned me down and paid the repair bill.

Yeah the more I run it the more I like it, just having trouble with the rev limit coil. Can't get an accurate reading on tachometer.

I rebuilt one two years ago. Fuel line was shot and bar oil was leaking into the fuel tank and vice versa. So, I had to replace the fuel lines and rebuild the tank at the divider with gasket sealer. Not easy, but that worked. After that, the saw ran beautifully. I offered the owner $150 for it after the rebuild. He turned me down and paid the repair bill.
That wasnt a 135.......

Latest posts

Back