• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husky 254xp (project)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welder56

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have a 254xp that I THINK I'd like to sell. Maybe regret this but I really don't need anymore projects.

I aquired this through a local trade. Don't know too much about its running state since I haven't opened it up and worked on it. I usually would put a new fuel line, filter, and carb kit and some testing before startup. The muffler bolts are stripped (can't seem to find my good vice grips anywhere) so I can't take a good peek at the piston. Looks to have about 143psi for compression (see pic). It came without a recoil so I had a really dirty spare I put on it. Has an "A" cylinder. Looks to be all complete. Top cover was replaced by owner with an earlier one (decomp plug is almost covered up by the top cover)

The top handle in the pictures is a heated handle (also must have been a spare from owner). I want it for a spare for my 254xpg. I will replace it with good a non heated handle

$150 shipped PHO. I will keep it if I can't get this price. Seems like it won't take much to get going and could use a good bath. But also haven't tore it apart to check everything.

20151124_163428.jpg 20151124_163446.jpg 20151129_131024.jpg 20151129_130804.jpg 20151123_185856.jpg

That's why I'm gonna be sending mine down the road also! We gotta share the love! Lol!

Exactly! I have a pretty decent xpg in a bin that I wanna build instead. So would like to send this down the line.

Stick to your price....glws

I think it's a fair price with shipping as well. Would consider a trade for a stihl 034 super parts saw or similar condition as the 254

Nope. No internals. The handle is the only G part on the saw. I looked for more G parts and couldn't find any of them.

Would consider it for sure! Pm me pictures if your interested

Not that I could tell. I. I can ship a brand new meteor with it if this sweetens the deal.

It's so hard to see good through the plug hole.

If the cylinder wasn't cleanable I'll ship a spare cylinder of mine out as well.

10-4 the 360 i have runs but needs work.sweet cylinder and piston.some missing case underneath the clutch but nothing to effect using it.i was going to promote it to stump and loaner duty

10-4.may take a few days.things explained in my new post in the chainsaw thread.
the only thing on the cases is the miss match on the flippy fuel cap i believe.

Latest posts

Back