Husky 265rx Clearing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Gents,,
Sorry to sneak this in the chainsaw section but I need your knowledge base. I have a short opportunity to buy up to five husky 265rx clearing saws at $250 au each ,, they seem to be in pretty good nick.I generally work with Stihl fs 550 s but would love to have a crack at one of these.My only Husky experience is with a 252rx and I found the shaft on this machine to be much to short,, could hardly get the gear head to the ground. So the question is does the 265rx have a longer shaft ? and I assume $250 is a great price . Love to hear back from a husky man or anyone that uses one of these machines with a shredder blade. Thanks in advance ,, Kirko

Hey Gents,,
Sorry to sneak this in the chainsaw section but I need your knowledge base. I have a short opportunity to buy up to five husky 265rx clearing saws at $250 au each ,, they seem to be in pretty good nick.I generally work with Stihl fs 550 s but would love to have a crack at one of these.My only Husky experience is with a 252rx and I found the shaft on this machine to be much to short,, could hardly get the gear head to the ground. So the question is does the 265rx have a longer shaft ? and I assume $250 is a great price . Love to hear back from a husky man or anyone that uses one of these machines with a shredder blade. Thanks in advance ,, Kirko

Kirco, I used to sell a boatload of the 265s here in the northeast. We sold almost 90% of all they made here in the northeast. The shaft is 53" long without the powerhead. These saws are a beast!! I'd like to get a few if they are available and in good shape. I still have a call for them.

Hey jthusky55

Thanks for your info ,seemed to find everything but a shaft length.
Took a punt and ordered one,, hopefully it will get here today.
The machines are located here in Australia so probably not convenient for you.There are 3 left ,, have to wait and see as far as condition is concerned,,was told they are in great shape with loads of compression,,at $250 each it seems to good to be true.If your still interested I can give you a link to them.
Cheers Kirko

Hey jthusky55

Thanks for your info ,seemed to find everything but a shaft length.
Took a punt and ordered one,, hopefully it will get here today.
The machines are located here in Australia so probably not convenient for you.There are 3 left ,, have to wait and see as far as condition is concerned,,was told they are in great shape with loads of compression,,at $250 each it seems to good to be true.If your still interested I can give you a link to them.
Cheers Kirko
Ya $250 is a steal for those!! I'd take that link if you had it. Thanks

Kirco, I used to sell a boatload of the 265s here in the northeast. We sold almost 90% of all they made here in the northeast. The shaft is 53" long without the powerhead. These saws are a beast!! I'd like to get a few if they are available and in good shape. I still have a call for them.
I have one... It is in CT at my families Christmas Tree farm. It has not been run in years and needs some TLC. It will be my summer project to rebuild but if you are interested in it as it sits let me know. I will get pics of it. Shoot me an email, [email protected]. I go back to CT once a month to see family so bringing it back to Maine is easy.

I know where there was, and probably still is, an 165rx for $400 in good condition. Those big Huskys seem scarce around these parts as the fs550 seems to fill that big clearing saw roll.

Can anybody tell me the difference between a 165rx and a 265rx?

I know where there was, and probably still is, an 165rx for $400 in good condition. Those big Huskys seem scarce around these parts as the fs550 seems to fill that big clearing saw roll.

Can anybody tell me the difference between a 165rx and a 265rx?
165 was just the earlier version, basically the same saw.

Back