husky 345 clutch springs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently picked up a used 345 from a friend , ran it for a few hours and one of the springs that are in the clutch cracked causing the chain to run at idle. This seems to be a pretty weak setup. Looks to me the part is not going to cost much, I was just wondering if this was a common problem with this saw? Other than that problem this saw runs pretty good for a homeowner saw. Thanks, Korn

Hi Korn, I`m not aware of any unusual failure rate on the clutch springs, it`s a fairly typical arrangement. Part# for the spring is 503 81 56-01 and list price is $2.51, shouldn`t break the bank. Open the muffler with two extra 5/8" ports and adjust the carb and that saw will really sing, it`s a nice little saw. Russ

I've been running my 345 for 2 1/2 yrs now, and that is one of the biggest problems that I have had. I broke the most during hot summer weather doing tsi work. I'm still not sure if it is the weather or the constant banging into the tree during girdling.
I keep a dozen in the truck, and two pair in my backpack. Change both if one breaks, as if you change one, you'll change the other within hours. Only other problems were pull cord and carb rebuild once. I don't consider the 345 as a homeowner type.
Its lasted three time longer than the 141, I bought first.
Ed K.

Latest posts

Back