Husky 345 vs 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the weekend I had a chance to run my new to me 345 back to back with my 350 using the same bar and chain.

There is virtually no difference in cutting speed between the two. I looked them up on the Acres site and was surprised to see only .1 difference in rated HP.

I guess as I see 345's come up for sale in the future I'll definitely snap them up.

My 2245 runs strong too these 45cc's are definitely underrated (I know mines the next generation x-torq) but the 350 lends itself to mods much better. My 350 is the 49cc open port variety and after deleting the base gasket and a tiny bit of grinding it runs good and has much better torque than the 45cc saws. My 353 uses the same 52cc jug as the 350 EPA and is in a complete different league after gasket delete and some mild porting and muffler mod. It's right there in 346xp NE territory just doesn't have the peak high rpm power but more grunt in the cut. If your 350's the EPA variant throw a flat top piston in it, loose the gasket and mod the muff and it'll embarrass the 345. The 345's don't bring nearly as much coin and are a really good bargain. Specialy if you're thinking of putting a 346xp jug on one it's a cheap way to get the carcass. I'm on the lookout for one too.

Another really impressive cheap 45cc saw the the Stihl 024 AVS (super) they can be found dirt cheap because everyone wants the MS260. I found one for a bargain that needed a new filter and a fuel line to get running. Then after a new open port muffler and tune it's a little ripper. Been getting a bunch of use this week with storm clean up duty. We had 4" of hail followed by 4" of snow the next day. My poor trees are having a rough spring. We're paying for the mild winter we had.

The 345 is going to get a 346 OE top end (so I can have a saw for the 45 cc and under class in saw racing). I have the jug and new seals, just waiting on the bearing caps. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the 350 then.

The 345 is going to get a 346 OE top end (so I can have a saw for the 45 cc and under class in saw racing). I have the jug and new seals, just waiting on the bearing caps. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the 350 then.

Sounds like a fun project. Keep that 345 sticker on the starter cover and you could really surprise people. I'd be curious how my 024AVS compares to a 346xp OE.

The HVA345 and CS2145 are powerful 45cc saws with a good throttle response for limbing. Our CS2150 & CS2153 provides some better torque in the cut. Those series of saws are easy to maintain and repair, and spare parts are available. Our CS2153 from year 2004, still runs like new, however have changed hoses and diaphragms and spark plug.

I need to find a purdy recoil housing. My saw is mint except it's recoil is a nice shade of "Husqvarna brown". ;)
I have a 351 and a 353. The 353 is all orange and looks good. My 351 is in similar condition, but the top cover is "Husqvarna brown". What causes the discoloration?

I have a 351 and a 353. The 353 is all orange and looks good. My 351 is in similar condition, but the top cover is "Husqvarna brown". What causes the discoloration?
I wish I knew.

I believe sun turns them chalky and chemicals cause brown but not really sure.

None of my older huskys turned colors and they are all stored in sheds without windows.

I assumed it was the sun as well, but even the inside of the cover is a perfect brown to match the outside. All the other plastics on the saw are still the original orange.

Both of my my 262's have the plastic clutch cover. The 1990 is still the original orange colour, while the 1993 is the Husqvarna brown colour. Strange.

Sounds like a fun project. Keep that 345 sticker on the starter cover and you could really surprise people. I'd be curious how my 024AVS compares to a 346xp OE.
Last fall at a race we had I wasn't paying attention to the rules and ran a stock OE346 against about a 10 year old kid with an 024 and he trimmed me up pretty good.
Then I found it was an mod class and the kids dad was one of the good saw builders, so I asked for a rematch only this time I used an OE346 that I had done some work on and this time the 346 OE did the trimming.

I went out and played a bit today and my Stihl 024AVS (super) has a slight edge on my 49cc Husky 350. The 350 has a stock muffler, my plan was to keep the spark arrester on it for cutting on forest service land. I'm gonna need to throw on a modded muffler and see if the 350 can't redeem itself. LOL!

Now my 353 and 346xp NE are on a complete different level.

Why are these 45-52cc saws so much fun?

Latest posts

Back