Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 346xp is a sticker change by previous owner.
It does have the plastic clamp on intake boot. All the scoring is on the exhaust side and im sure it will need a cylinder despite what his dealer said. Otherwise looks to be a low hour use, clean saw. Plastic is not melted below muffler.

That's an early 350 and not a cylinder worth even trying to save. I can get you a good late 350 cylinder for $75 then put in a new 353 Meteor piston and a total rebuild + porting and it will walk all over a genuine 346.

What is the significance of the scoring being on the exhaust side?
I thought if a saw was straight gassed ir would be scored on the intake side, right?

Anybody....
Is this saw worth porting and the other upgrades?
I am only a firewood cutter and dont have a fireplace myself nor do I sell wood. But I do love a good chainsaw. One that after a couple of you cuts you look at it and say, now thats a saw! One that impresses the other guys I cut with.
I have a 200T stock and a ms660 with a woods port and a few other things from the chainsaw guy, that are these kind of saws. I love using them both. I could use a mid sized bucking saw of the same caliber. Lets hear it folks.

350 more qualifies as a small saw, not what I would consider "mid size" .... a 357xp /359 would be something I'd consider more middle of the road between your 200 and the 660. I would also not consider a 350 to be bragging rights, though old cat can make it a bit of a sleeper :) I still have 4 sitting in my shed....

here's a youtube video of one I made w/ ceramic bearings...ported...the first saw I ever ported...vs a husky 455 rancher that I would consider to be a good example of a rancher... 47mm piston on the rancher, 45mm on the 350. hyway aftermarket kit on the 350.... the 350 is wearing the same bar and chain as the rancher...

I'm willing to bet if you have an oem 45mm cylinder and meteor piston, ported, it'll be even faster.... which is nice because the saw is so small and light.

I think its and ideal firewood saw. My dad's been using saws for years, and even owned a homelite 750 back in the day... 111cc. He loves his 350. its an ideal saw to punish for firewood because you can cut w/ it all day and not get tired, but also, its cheap to fix ....

I'm kinda getting the impression this isn't exactly the direction you wanted though. i'd sell the 350 for parts, get what you can for it, and save up for something a little bigger... or build up the 350 and get something bigger ALSO :)

it seems to me old-cat has been fishing alot of work out of AS lately. you should be thinking about becoming a sponsor old-cat. make it legit like all the other saw builders ;)

You are assuming he's making a profit....since I don't believe it's possible to profit on 350's. ...

But I could be mistaken :)
It's not about profit, it's about AS rules. If I am violating any rule I'd appreciate if someone would show me. I have as much business as I can handle from craigslist. I don't need any more coming from this site. BUT some people seek me out cause they NEED help.

it seems to me old-cat has been fishing alot of work out of AS lately. you should be thinking about becoming a sponsor old-cat. make it legit like all the other saw builders ;)

I can't say as I have seen a post of his that hinted at hanging up a shingle. He is just helpful. JMO.

I can't say as I have seen a post of his that hinted at hanging up a shingle. He is just helpful. JMO.

he is helpful but there are some behind the scenes things you haven't heard about ;) he's got a few AS members saws right now. i won't go any further, i was just suggesting that he make his saw work on AS legit. for $25 a month i believe he can take all the work he wants from the site. old-cat knows that it's just westcoaster90 giving him a hard time. gained alot of respect for him when he saw the light and actually publicly said so. now i'm just picking on him til he's full right wing and starts fighting back :)

Latest posts

Back