Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Before I run this saw over with my truck, I thought of getting some thoughts. Put a Kafar 44.3 kit on saw. New seals and bearings and passed pressure vacuum check. Comp is 180. Made several cuts in good sized wood. Lots of power but once out of the cut it dies. Put it in vice and started right up but spraying carb clean between carb and flange it dies. Air leal ,correct. Here is what I've done. Gone thru three flanges. One with sealant between carb and flange, one just flange and a gasket and no sealant and finally used nuts and new carb bolts. This required pulling cylinder to accomplish. Will stall under all scenarios spraying card cleaner. Is it possible the saw will stall using carb cleaner under all scenarios and with any saw? If so why does it die after cutting. Seems to be an air leak causing it to lean out when hot but I cannot find the fix. I have a 346 and 357 and neither exhibit this stalling issue.

I never check mine for leakage. I've never had any problems with the intake either. I use a long ball end allen with a small hand grip end, no leverage, and gently tighten the screws, one side then the other, back and forth.

I never check mine for leakage. I've never had any problems with the intake either. I use a long ball end allen with a small hand grip end, no leverage, and gently tighten the screws, one side then the other, back and forth.
Well, I'm at wits end. May have to start at square one do again. Mate I'm tightening he bolts too tight! Have u ever sprayed carb clean near the carb when idling to see if it stalls? Maybe they all do and I'm doing it all wrong. Still have that stalling issue though coming out of the cut.. Possibly carb related?

I'm also having some fun [emoji19]. I just replaced the impulse line, metal clamp, fuel line. Now it will start run for a minute and the bog down or stall. I did notice that the carb and filter has fuel on it. Do you guys think the carb is flooding the saw and needs cleaned/rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also having some fun [emoji19]. I just replaced the impulse line, metal clamp, fuel line. Now it will start run for a minute and the bog down or stall. I did notice that the carb and filter has fuel on it. Do you guys think the carb is flooding the saw and needs cleaned/rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You really need to pressure test it. Replacing the metal clamp alone will not guarantee it's leak free. The boot can leak at the inner nipple area also and an air leak test is only way to find it. It just that these saws are well know to have issues in this area so it's the first thing I would want to rule out. Sure there could be a carb issue or tank vent issue but they are less likely. To check vent , open cap and see if it continues to run without dying.

Well, I'm at wits end. May have to start at square one do again. Mate I'm tightening he bolts too tight! Have u ever sprayed carb clean near the carb when idling to see if it stalls? Maybe they all do and I'm doing it all wrong. Still have that stalling issue though coming out of the cut.. Possibly carb related?
It should not die from spraying the carb clean there. I'm not sure about using carb clean on rubber though. Could deteriorate the rubber. Maybe bolts are too tight,like you mentioned. I doubt it though. Sounds like that leak is causing the stalling too. Also would not hurt to check the fuel line. A tiny pin hole can cause havoc.

If it were an air leak wouldn't it not idle down when coming out of the cut? Stalling would seem to be fuel delivery (carb, lines, tank vent) to me.

It should not die from spraying the carb clean there. I'm not sure about using carb clean on rubber though. Could deteriorate the rubber. Maybe bolts are too tight,like you mentioned. I doubt it though. Sounds like that leak is causing the stalling too. Also would not hurt to check the fuel line. A tiny pin hole can cause havoc.

Yes, carb cleaner sprayed on an air leak will stop the saw. WD40 will work as well.

Yes, carb cleaner sprayed on an air leak will stop the saw. WD40 will work as well.
Well of course it will. He mentioned that maybe they all die when spraying carb clean there. I was trying to say a properly running saw will not die if sprayed there. I should have been more clear.

Latest posts

Back