Husky 365 compression / pre buy inspection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmerGrant

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any thing I should take a close look at on a Husky 365 before I buy it?

What should min compression be? What is the proper way to check compression? Full throttle? no throttle? choke on/off? hot? cold?

Any reason not to go with a 365? Going to be using it on my Lewis chainsaw winch and to back up my Husky 353.

Thanks guys!

Any thing I should take a close look at on a Husky 365 before I buy it?

What should min compression be? What is the proper way to check compression? Full throttle? no throttle? choke on/off? hot? cold?

Any reason not to go with a 365? Going to be using it on my Lewis chainsaw winch and to back up my Husky 353.

Thanks guys!

Is 65cc enough grunt for a lewis winch?.. Check compression cold. Unscrew the plug, screw in the gauge... And pull the saw (switch set to off) until the needle stops moving. Also watch the gauge to see if it bleeds down too fast (like right away).

As far as saw condition... It's like most things--you can tell if it's been rode hard and put away wet.

Is 65cc enough grunt for a lewis winch?.. Check And pull the saw (switch set to off) until the needle stops moving. Also watch the gauge to see if it bleeds down too fast (like right away).

As far as saw condition... It's like most things--you can tell if it's been rode hard and put away wet.

The compression gauge should have a Schroeder valve in it... The bleeding down after you are done pulling will have nothing to do with the condition of the saw. The reason I say this if the piston comes back down from the top it is going to port to the exhaust. or to the intake,
I would look for 140 psi plus.. Preferring 150+

I'm running an old Super XL on the winch right now. It works OK. I'm not sure how much power those put out.

I know the general things to look for. Just didn't know if there were any problems that this powerhead had to keep an eye out for.

The compression gauge should have a Schroeder valve in it... The bleeding down after you are done pulling will have nothing to do with the condition of the saw. The reason I say this if the piston comes back down from the top it is going to port to the exhaust. or to the intake,
I would look for 140 psi plus.. Preferring 150+

Yeah, I was referring to something else... When I gauged an 038 super, it would only pull to like 90 psi, and immediately bleed down... That's what I was trying to say.

This spring will mark 10 years on my 365. It has been a great saw. I just bought a new 455 this past year so that I would have two sharp saws in the woods if one got pinched. Using the 455 makes me appreciate the 365 as a professional saw. I have not had one single problem with the saw.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, didn't scroll down far enough to find the Chainsaw section, whoops.

I'm going to go look at the saw tonight.

Cheers!

Well I bought it. It's a 365 Special. Has 143lbs of compression. Came with a 20" bar/3 chains, and a 28" bar/3 chains. An oregon file guide, a few files. 4 gallons of bar oil. A needle greaser, scrench, spark plug.

It could use a good cleaning, but I wouldn't say it has been abused.

Was a little hard to get started, but it had been sitting for 4 months, and it was 15 degrees. So I didn't expect it to fire right up.

Think $300 was too much?

Back