• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husky 365 Special $350 Shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_3263.JPG IMG_3264.JPG IMG_3265.JPG IMG_3266.JPG IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3270.JPG IMG_3271.JPG
As the title states this is a 2003 Husky 365 Special. This saw was just completely rebuilt with new bearings, seals, carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter and plug. It has a new Forester piston with a new Caber ring. Original OEM 48mm cylinder. Now for the good and bad.
First the bad:
Cylinder has one fin broken at the top corner(see pic)
Tank is a new AM tank(although it seems really well built and sturdy)
Now the good:
Compression after one tank of fuel is 145 on my gauge.
Runs great, oils great and brake works as it should
Case is nearly flawless with only a small amount of pitch on the front
Original recoil and clutch cover
Being sold as PHO. Shipping only to the US. I would like to get $350 shipped.

So I have the original tank assembly that has a crack in it by the front AV spring. It is still very functional but I didn't want to try to sell this thing like that. If the AM tank is a problem I could always throw in the other tank to be used instead.

The original 365 was an open ported transfer cylinder, with a bolt on intake boot. The Special has a closed port jug, and the same intake tract as a 372.

this 365 seems to have been frankesawed. the top fin on the cylinder is exactly what the open port 365 and 371 cylinder looked like. the 365sp and 372 had a different top fin that had a rubber grommet support for the top cover. hopefully it has a 371 cylinder on it :)

just looking at the lower right pic i see it has a clamped on intake boot. i bet that saw is actually a 371. original 365 would be a bolt on boot. very very tempting if i only knew the whole story :givebeer:

This saw was in pieces when I got it but I can assure you this is a closed port 48mm top end. Here is a picture of the cylinder before it went on the saw.

$_12.jpg

Would be the first closed port 365 top end i've ever seen that had the top fin that way. They may have done it for a few years after the swap to the special but that would be closer to 99 and yours is an 03. The 99 i sold last year had the 372 style top fin. Did you measure with a dial indicator. 2mm is easy to mistake measuring with a caliper. I still have a feeling it's a 371 cylinder but then i'd have to measure the bore myself to be convinced it wasn't.

I see it too.:clap: It has a 48mm piston in it too. It has to be a 48mm.

BTW-I bought three of these from Goofy saws when he had his very short sale on Husky saws. I only wanted two but he didn't know how complete they were so he added some parts for me so that I would definately end up with two complete saws. This was included in the parts along with some other jugs that were toast. I took the best of the best and made two saws, this being the second. I cant prove which saw this jug came from but it is definately OEM and it is definately 48mm.

Now that i look i see it to. There's a first fr everything and that it the first special i've ever seen with that top fin.

Back