Husky 365 special real or china ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fawk.:msp_mad: Like I needed another reason to hate the chicoms.

Thanks for the help all.:beat-up:

is there nothing that can be done about the M$%^3r F^%$@*g chinese doin this? two things in life i hate more than my ex wife is thieves and liars!

Many of the China copies shared the same (copied) serial number - the serial on this one reminds me of that number, but I am not sure.

Also, I wonder what "Country Code CN" on one of the labels means.....

:msp_confused:

I just looked at an old thread, that serial number is the fake one I referred to! :angry2::angry2::msp_mad:

I am a retired detective. What always amazed me over the years, was that the "successful" criminals usually put in the same effort as the average entrepreneur. Success is fleeting though, as whatever you do in life whether good or bad will catch up with you in time. The ingenuity just boggles the brain and yet, good luck with that soap on a rope.

The effort to dupe that saw...If you can make that illegally, you can make them legit.

Nice police work Sunfish and SawTroll
Nice detective work Avalancher

I don't know much about this but it seems that if husky was not in kahoots with this company making theses saws then they should be able to open a case in the court of law against these guys...would'nt ya think?

I think there's a lot going on with enforcing this sort of thing

First off, the enforcement will only be as good as the chinese inspectors/feds want to make it. Husqvarna can file all the grievances in the world but they can't hire a private army to go kill the guys making the knock-offs.

It seems like a very high percentage of what comes out of china is counterfeit, and has been for a while. It's unclear whether or not the government is making a good-faith effort to stop it, but my guess is they're not.

Unfortunately, China makes virtually everything so it's not feasible to cut off chinese goods and the power of other countries to demand better regulation in china is severely limited.

I don't know much about this but it seems that if husky was not in kahoots with this company making theses saws then they should be able to open a case in the court of law against these guys...would'nt ya think?

Husky is not in "kahoots" with these coots.

It is practically impossible to bring any of these Chinese copy companies to court...

I think there's a lot going on with enforcing this sort of thing

First off, the enforcement will only be as good as the chinese inspectors/feds want to make it. Husqvarna can file all the grievances in the world but they can't hire a private army to go kill the guys making the knock-offs.

It seems like a very high percentage of what comes out of china is counterfeit, and has been for a while. It's unclear whether or not the government is making a good-faith effort to stop it, but my guess is they're not.

Unfortunately, China makes virtually everything so it's not feasible to cut off chinese goods and the power of other countries to demand better regulation in china is severely limited.

I understand this but the name alone just is'nt right...it would be like them selling ford, chevy, toyota, mazda or any car make that they don't own.

Like I said, I do not know much about this kind of things...At leat we still have some laws left here in the U S that is worth something.

When you deal with a place that is far away with $48 shipping - If there is a problem - You may as well throw the saw in the trash and kiss your $300 good bye?

That is no deal anyway.

Knockoffs cost companies and taxpayers billions every year.
There are some companies who spend big in curtailing what they can.

Husqvarna would have to become proactive and spend money in persuing these people and getting them prosecuted. A little cost benefit analysis later and therein lies their decision. Probably not. The jurisdictions are no big deal. Federal court here and probably similar in China.

Husqvarna could warn people with public announcements but that has its own drawbacks. The uninformed will choose to buy neither, because that is the safest choice. Lose-lose for Husqvarna. In the end WE pay. That's how these stories
always end.

I would contact EBAY and try and get refunded. If you contact the seller and he is a pro, you are giving him a heads up.

If you think he is a schmoe then contact him and advise him of the federal felonies he committed and how you just want your money back.

If all else fails I would then contact the US Postal police if it
was mailed via usps or the FBI if not. In this scenario you lose the saw and usually your money and always your time.

PS The saw is technically a crime scene. Sounds funny and all and as tempting as it is, I wouldn't touch it any further. Odds are it's going to implode anyway.

Man I would be furious if that happened to me. Is the 365 special the only one being copied. I used to work for a designer jewelry manufacturer, we would get knock offs in for repair from time to time. We could tell it was fake but most of the time the consumer was clueless.

Back