Husky 365 special real or china ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it's CL and not Ebay. CL is monitored bigtime by law enforcement. I don't see how you took delivery (using a nook and back and forth is annoying). In person is easy to fix. If mailed, then postal police etc.

Chargeback the credit card which you can do. Police report there. Have proof the serial# is bogus. Call Husqvarna for that.

Then there is the last option. Is it possible it is re-badged? As in they mass produced the serial number to cover the tracks. Bit of a longshot there but in that case, since you paid in good faith, use it.

You should see the junk that shows up for luxury wrist watches, knock-offs of Rolex, Patek and etc. People pay thousands for this junk thinking they are getting a great bargain only to find out it not worth a $100.

Man I would be furious if that happened to me. Is the 365 special the only one being copied. I used to work for a designer jewelry manufacturer, we would get knock offs in for repair from time to time. We could tell it was fake but most of the time the consumer was clueless.

I see it's CL and not Ebay. CL is monitored bigtime by law enforcement. I don't see how you took delivery (using a nook and back and forth is annoying). In person is easy to fix. If mailed, then postal police etc.

Chargeback the credit card which you can do. Police report there. Have proof the serial# is bogus. Call Husqvarna for that.

Then there is the last option. Is it possible it is re-badged? As in they mass produced the serial number to cover the tracks. Bit of a longshot there but in that case, since you paid in good faith, use it.

That serial number surely was mass produced, as the same number is on all the fake 365s I have seen evidence of! ;)

Picked up a 365 sp. NIB off CL, How can I ID it as the real deal and not a knock off ?
The plug that came with her in the tool pack was a china make ,...makes me wonder.

Knockoffs cost companies and taxpayers billions every year.
There are some companies who spend big in curtailing what they can.

Husqvarna would have to become proactive and spend money in persuing these people and getting them prosecuted. A little cost benefit analysis later and therein lies their decision. Probably not. The jurisdictions are no big deal. Federal court here and probably similar in China.

Husqvarna could warn people with public announcements but that has its own drawbacks. The uninformed will choose to buy neither, because that is the safest choice. Lose-lose for Husqvarna. In the end WE pay. That's how these stories
always end.

I would contact EBAY and try and get refunded. If you contact the seller and he is a pro, you are giving him a heads up.

If you think he is a schmoe then contact him and advise him of the federal felonies he committed and how you just want your money back.

If all else fails I would then contact the US Postal police if it
was mailed via usps or the FBI if not. In this scenario you lose the saw and usually your money and always your time.

PS The saw is technically a crime scene. Sounds funny and all and as tempting as it is, I wouldn't touch it any further. Odds are it's going to implode anyway.

Good advice on what actions to take, but the saw was a Craig's List purchase.

When you deal with a place that is far away with $48 shipping - If there is a problem - You may as well throw the saw in the trash and kiss your $300 good bye?

That is no deal anyway.

I'm looking at the glass half full, so to speak. When and if these 365 copies blow up and are destined for the trash, the rest of us will be getting some shiny new looking plastics for our REAL 365/372's...for cheap!! :rock:

The font on the serial tag looked wrong to me. Along with the spelling. And the bag. And the box. Very convincing decals though.

I saw that it was CL commented again. When I use the Nook, I get lazy because navigating is a pain.

Just a different course of action.

Was it purchased in person? Too many variables to post a course of action. If asking politely didn't work, I know what I would do but I also know how to follow people and make the police work for me. I'd eat $350 and a few days just to screw back.

Website? Chargeback the credit card. Verify serial number, report to your local PD. You have 30 days to fix a credit card issue. The exact reason to NEVER use a debit card. Using a debit card ALWAYS means shtt outta luck. NEVER use a debit card online (or anywhere for that matter).

Mailed? Postal Police

PS (this is for everyone).

If anyone ever does purchase or sell something on CL , ask to meet at the local PD's visitor parking lot. A mere mention of this and the con artists will back off. Not the sewing machine from an old lady, but the obvious type of purchases like jewelry etc. It takes the anxiety right out of the equation. It's just easier and safer to use the parking lot YOUR tax dollars paid for. Even then, don't let your guard down.

Look at the Warning Label on the rear handle.....bottom pic

Nice observation.

I went and looked at mine and sure enough.

P.S. I would die and go to heaven to live in the Adirondacks. It took me YEARS to convince my wife for a mere view of the Catskills which we are working on at the moment...I'll take it.

is there nothing that can be done about the M$%^3r F^%$@*g chinese doin this? two things in life i hate more than my ex wife is thieves and liars!

I said 30 years ago that this country should buy nothing from Communist China.

Now go in WalMart or Home Depot and try to find something that is not made in China.

I had a hard time selling my legit NOS 365 Special because of all the Chinese fakes out there. What elevated my suspicion on yours from a quick glance... was the spark plug and the owners manual. The model ID on the owners manual on mine said 365 Special/ 372XP (backslash, not a space in between), and yes I am a little on the observant side haha. I dont know how other manuals were, and this was not a sure sign, just thought it looked funny. That ID tag said 365 SP, and I thought I remebered mine saying 365 Special but I cant remember now. Sorry to hear!

Picked up a 365 sp. NIB off CL, How can I ID it as the real deal and not a knock off ?
The plug that came with her in the tool pack was a china make ,...makes me wonder.

I have bought six new Husqvarna saws. None came with a spare spark plug in the box and none were in a plastic bag.

I always get the box in case I sell the saw and need to ship, or send it to be ported, or something else...

I have bought six new Husqvarna saws. None came with a spare spark plug in the box and none were in a plastic bag.

I always get the box in case I sell the saw and need to ship, or send it to be ported, or something else...

I thought my 365 came in a bag, but cant remember now... I know it didnt come with a spark plug! Just a manual and sealed tool kit (same one that came with my XPW).

I thought my 365 came in a bag, but cant remember now... I know it didnt come with a spark plug! Just a manual and sealed tool kit (same one that came with my XPW).

At least they spelled Huskvarna correctly on the serial number plate for I went and looked when this post first started.

It looks all genuine to me.

At least they spelled Huskvarna correctly on the serial number plate for I went and looked when this post first started.

It looks all genuine to me.

Yep, 110% or I would have never let it out of my hands. I meant to give you a ring today, I will give you a call tomorrow. I do have to head over to M&M tomorrow if you want to ride along. Bought the wrong wheel for my Silvey and need to grab another.

Sounds good to me.

I'll be listening for the ring 6three1 to65to

Got to go to the heart Dr. at 8 AM and then see Pat Dropsey up town but should be done by shortly after 9 AM

Sounds good to me.

I'll be listening for the ring 6three1 to65to

Got to go to the heart Dr. at 8 AM and then see Pat Dropsey up town but should be done by shortly after 9 AM

Sounds good Jim. I will talk to you tomorrow.

I've started threads before on this as I have previously imported a couple of 365 knock offs as test mules for some big bore kits I was also importing. I copped a lot of flak from it but I can assure you I have a MAJOR issue when knock offs are being sold and badged as genuine Husqvarnas. Mine were not labelled as Huskys in any way and although a blatant copy were labelled HH365 saws with absolutely no dodgey ID plate or anything like that. I can assure you that if you'd have changed the stickers on the saws I had, whacked an NGK plug in it, and put a non Chinese branded carby on it most members here would not be able to tell the difference - the particular examples I had were a bolt for bolt knock off and are still running well. I gave one to an AS member here who has fitted an off it's face BB kit on it and has had absolutely no issues - another Australian AS member has the other one. Even the 65cc cylinders were top quality and as good as genuine (no joke!). They were labelled B&B - Italy. The Chinese are even copying Stihl ES bars and RMC/RSC chain. Even Stihl dealers wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I also have to be honest in saying that the single loop of 3/8" .063" RMC chain I was sent has also held up OK and is still going strong.
The only way you can be certain you are getting the real deal is to buy from a dealer or somebody reputable. Some of the better copies are impossible to tell via internet photos. If it's too good to be true it probably is! The Chinese are untouchable when it comes to patent laws - just try to start a court case with them. It's easy to disappear in 1.5 billion people and there isn't just one company knocking off Huskys, there are at least half a dozen. Copies range from the earlier bolt on intake 365's right up to the latest versions, complete with tougher cranks. To give you an idea of what the price was freight from China cost nearly as much as the saw!
All legalities and morals aside these were the saw bargain of the century. I have also turned down numerous offers via email and PM's from AS members wanting details on where to purchase one. Because I dealt with a Chinese 3rd party even I don't know who the manufacturers were.

I have also sat one of these saws side by side with a genuine 365. Apart from the copy being slightly heavier (plus the stickers and ID plate) they were near a mirror image apart from different mufflers. Even a genuine Husky HD filter kit fitted perfectly...

Yep, it's a chusqvarna alright. Also, look at the tag on the lower right of the box with all the Asian sounding words on it.

Also note that it's been torn off on the box the OP's saw came in. I'd say the seller knew it was a fake.

I'm looking at the glass half full, so to speak. When and if these 365 copies blow up and are destined for the trash, the rest of us will be getting some shiny new looking plastics for our REAL 365/372's...for cheap!! :rock:

Where do you think all of the aftermarket Husky parts are coming from anyway? No need to wait for blow ups. Just check Bailey's aftermarket spares lists :D
I can buy whole 365/372 tank assemblies for USD$19, cranks for USD$15 etc etc. How the hell they make these so cheap amazes me AND my 3rd party Chinese friend was also putting extra on top too.

Last edited:
I've started threads before on this as I have previously imported a couple of 365 knock offs as test mules for some big bore kits I was also importing. I copped a lot of flak from it but I can assure you I have a MAJOR issue when knock offs are being sold and badged as genuine Husqvarnas. Mine were not labelled as Huskys in any way and although a blatant copy were labelled HH365 saws with absolutely no dodgey ID plate or anything like that. I can assure you that if you'd have changed the stickers on the saws I had, whacked an NGK plug in it, and put a non Chinese branded carby on it most members here would not be able to tell the difference - the particular examples I had were a bolt for bolt knock off and are still running well. I gave one to an AS member here who has fitted an off it's face BB kit on it and has had absolutely no issues - another Australian AS member has the other one. Even the 65cc cylinders were top quality and as good as genuine (no joke!). They were labelled B&B - Italy. The Chinese are even copying Stihl ES bars and RMC/RSC chain. Even Stihl dealers wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I also have to be honest in saying that the single loop of 3/8" .063" RMC chain I was sent has also held up OK and is still going strong.
The only way you can be certain you are getting the real deal is to buy from a dealer or somebody reputable. Some of the better copies are impossible to tell via internet photos. If it's too good to be true it probably is! The Chinese are untouchable when it comes to patent laws - just try to start a court case with them. It's easy to disappear in 1.5 billion people and there isn't just one company knocking off Huskys, there are at least half a dozen. Copies range from the earlier bolt on intake 365's right up to the latest versions, complete with tougher cranks. To give you an idea of what the price was freight from China cost nearly as much as the saw!
All legalities and morals aside these were the saw bargain of the century. I have also turned down numerous offers via email and PM's from AS members wanting details on where to purchase one. Because I dealt with a Chinese 3rd party even I don't know who the manufacturers were.

I have also sat one of these saws side by side with a genuine 365. Apart from the copy being slightly heavier (plus the stickers and ID plate) they were near a mirror image apart from different mufflers. Even a genuine Husky HD filter kit fitted perfectly...

Also note that it's been torn off on the box the OP's saw came in. I'd say the seller knew it was a fake.

Where do you think all of the aftermarket Husky parts are coming from anyway? No need to wait for blow ups. Just check Bailey's aftermarket spares lists :D
I can buy whole 365/372 tank assemblies for USD$19, cranks for USD$15 etc etc. How the hell they make these so cheap amazes me AND my 3rd party Chinese friend was also putting extra on top too.

Well this makes me feel better....not much though . I 'm still feeling like a damn fool.
$550.:mad2: Could have almost bought a new 365 , just not the sp.
I had considered selling it on ebay BEFORE I found out it was a copy, no way I could sell it and still look in the mirror. Fawk.:mad:
No luck tracking down the seller,.. yet. Funny how he answered the phone while the add was up though.
Saw also came with a 24 " bar and chain, looking at the chain today I noticed it is stamped STIHL...go figger. Bar looks legit, but I've been fooled before....:laugh: I will post up some more pics later.
Once again , I want to thank those of you that helped me out a veritable cornucopia of saw knowledge in this forum. :cheers:

just run the D@%N thing. you paid for it.......use it! nothin to lose now

Latest posts

Back