Husky 365 X-Torq hard starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First let me say this site is great I have been looking around for a while now and decided to join. All the great information here helped me make the choice of what new saw I should by.

So I just bought a brand new husky 365 x-torq the other day, and it is so hard to start when it is cold. Pulled so many times the other day before it fired I almost went home. It starts first pull after I have run in though. So any suggestions to why its so hard to cold start it? I am following the exact directions on how to start it.
Thank you very much

I also have a new 365xt. 3-4 pulls full choke throttle wide open until it sputters, then choke off. It then starts right up. Yours should too. Good luck.

I know you guys up there pay X-tra P-ricey for huskies, and it is new, so I second the motion to haul it back to the dealer. Of course it will start better after good ring seating, but..it should start easier than that. Needs carb tune checked, decomp button checked, compression checked, etc.

Another cheap good test at home (cost ya like five bucks..) is completely drain it dry, try to start it, run it dry. Let it sit overnight and get good and cold. Then use a fresh cracked open quart can of store bought premix like trufuel or whatever you can get. That will be known good fuel, see if it makes a difference. Your mix you made might be a little off. I get my no lead high test to make my mix from the same station and pump and have seen a difference in gas quality, batch to batch. I had one batch this summer was annoying it just wasn't near as good as the station usually had. It worked, but...saws sucked to start and ran poorly. Musta got the tail end dregs of the tank or something.

Too easy man. Take it back, get a stihl. Don't worry be happy.

Leave decon out.

Sounds stupid, but don't push in the decompression button. Saw floods quickly with decon pressed. If saw already flooded, hold trigger wide open and pull 3 or 4 times. Then set choke and pull till it sputters. Press in choke and should start first pull.

Sounds stupid, but don't push in the decompression button. Saw floods quickly with decon pressed. If saw already flooded, hold trigger wide open and pull 3 or 4 times. Then set choke and pull till it sputters. Press in choke and should start first pull.

strato saws all seem hard to start when cold, and easy to flood when cold. I have 3 saws that are at least 15 years old and they all pop over on 5 or les pulls when cold. If an 056 still which is 101 ccs i beleive can cold start on 4 pulls then these new things should do the same. Its not like they give them away at the dealerships.Why should the epa be involved with chainsaws anyway, it must take 445,888, 876 chainsaws to equal 13% of any minor toxic waste dump anyway.OH well welcome to obamaland 2013.

That must be the newer model to the 365 special that I have, if it is setup right it should only take 2-3 pulls with the choke on, then it will sputter, take off the choke and it should fire right up.

Back