Husky 372/Baumr-ag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_Tonge

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey lads
New member to the group but been looking on for some time!
Has anybody done much work to the Baumr-ag pro series sx 82 (husky 372 Chinese copy)?
I have owned the previous baumrs that cut great for the price but they are short lived beasts. The husky copy looks to have potential as it is almost identical to the mighty 372xp. Some YouTube reveiws show that parts are interchangeable and replacements 372 parts fit! I'm keen to put on a walbro carby and a few other items to get a great saw for the price. I know it will never be a husky but I can deal with that! Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site that's a very interesting saw 82cc looks to be a 372 platform.
Never seen those baumr branded in the us.
The ones I've been able to import are lowtop 365s.
187.00 American i would buy one of the baumr saw's .
Mine have been great no issue's i put ported 372 topends on them.
The first one has over 12 gallons of fuel through it.
Keep us posted if you get one put up some pics if you can.20170709_160007.jpg 20170703_194902.jpg index_68_22.jpg

Welcome to the site that's a very interesting saw 82cc looks to be a 372 platform.
Never seen those baumr branded in the us.
The ones I've been able to import are lowtop 365s.
187.00 American i would buy one of the baumr saw's .
Mine have been great no issue's i put ported 372 topends on them.
The first one has over 12 gallons of fuel through it.
Keep us posted if you get one put up some pics if you can.View attachment 591011 View attachment 591012 View attachment 591013

Hi Grack
I have already purchased the saw and on face value it has potential. I will let you know if the carby fits and works out well! I'm fairly sure the internally are strong but they have skimped out on little things such as the fuel hose, dogs, decompression valve, carby, pull cord and a couple of cosmetic things.
Photos below show how similar the two saws are!

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    971.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    999 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1354.PNG
    IMG_1354.PNG
    4.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Good deal looks good those saw's are cake to mod.
I tried to buy one off the aussie ebay and the seller won't ship to the usa.
Thanks for the pics.

Hi Grack
I have already purchased the saw and on face value it has potential. I will let you know if the carby fits and works out well! I'm fairly sure the internally are strong but they have skimped out on little things such as the fuel hose, dogs, decompression valve, carby, pull cord and a couple of cosmetic things.
Out of 4 china saw's the only issue I've had was a china fuel line split and i replaced with echo bulk fuel line.
I did away with the decomps known to fail here.
And put oem wristpin bearings in one so far.
That's it I've cut a lot no other issues.

Hello. I just got the european version of the Baum'r. Greencut gs 7200. A retour saw with a pinched impulse line, 70 euros.

Attachments

• greencut gs 7200 013.JPG
    greencut gs 7200 013.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • greencut gs 7200 012.JPG
    greencut gs 7200 012.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • greencut gs 7200 010.JPG
    greencut gs 7200 010.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • greencut gs 7200 009.JPG
    greencut gs 7200 009.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Hello. I just got the european version of the Baum'r. Greencut gs 7200. A retour saw with a pinched impulse line, 70 euros.
Great deal 82.27 usd did you switch out the fuel and impulse for better lines.
That's the first thing i do on the chinese saw's.
Mine is running perfect cutting hickory and ash tree's mostly.20170415_173621.jpg 20170426_171425.jpg 20170426_165003.jpg

Hi Grack
Have you had a chance to cut with it yet.
I have a friend in perth that will ship me one i just have to decide on the 82cc or 92cc version.
Mtm has them a little cheaper i don't know how much shipping will be it may be the deciding factor.
I wish i could find out if they are indeed 82cc Edison's has the cylinder kits for 60 aud but i can't find the specs for them.
199.00 aud for the mtm.$_1 (6).JPG

I'd stay away from the MTM saw and get the baumr. The transfers have been proportionally enlarged to match the big bore cc increase. The 82cc unit seems the way to goor the 92cc unit 'IF' iits the new one with fuel cap on side not top of saw.

I'd stay away from the MTM saw and get the baumr. The transfers have been proportionally enlarged to match the big bore cc increase. The 82cc unit seems the way to goor the 92cc unit 'IF' iits the new one with fuel cap on side not top of saw.
Do you know if the baumr are indeed 82cc
If they are i might just get some of the topend kits.
I have saw's already just wanting to try the 82cc.

Ok ,this is my first hand experience with a 72 cc china clone. Built on the Redmax g621 case , the clone has a 50 mm jug and piston, sturdier case[ i have also the original] and bigger bolt spacing on the cylinder. It seems a little bigger. I think the new generation [H372 clones] are built the same way a little bigger on the bones. My new toy has a H 365 open port jug. I used bulk Stihl line for the impulse and plan the same for the fuel line.

So it' possible that the jug for 82 cc is to big for the 72 cc case. I could not mount the Zenoah62 cc jug on the 72 cc clone case.

Hi, I might butt in since we are talking chinese saws, not the brand you are talking of, but I bought one of these months ago as a "temporary" saw.
Link: (bear in mind this is New Zealand dollars)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-livin...-power-tools/chainsaws/auction-1381232386.htm

Man this thing goes well, I have had a few chink saws which are okay for Joe Average cutting 2 cord a year..but I'm really, really impressed with the engine on this thing..I run it on the same 40:1 that my Stihls get, and it loves it. Revs to 13,000 on the tacho, four strokes in the start of the cut (and I haven't touched the carb at all since unboxing) starts easy, and has now done a LOT of cutting, mostly the really hard "stringybark Eucalyptus" used for flooring..murder on chains, airfilters and saws in general..makes the 661 earn its keep for sure..hardest wood I've ever cut.

Plenty of power for a 59cc, runs a 22" bar easily. 3/8 chisel chain.
The areas these Zomax saws fall down is Paper thin dogs (a joke) and the worlds worst chain tensioner, which is terrible beyond words..why they couldn't just use the standard tensioner is beyond me.
But for $299 it was a bargain, runs on the synthetic oil and has been flawless.

I don't know what its a copy of, but is much better build quality than the other chink saws I've used.

I don't know either what bar it is compatible with, another area the chink saws fail in is bars..they simply don't last.

Those Husqvarna copies are available here too..I've been tempted..Husqvarnas to me are junk (just my personal experience with the smaller Huskies) but they look good..I'd be tempted with one of the 70 something cc copies to be honest.

One bloke told me the reason chinese saws state 25:1, is the poor quality 2 stroke oil over there..and that its a safety thing ..but they run beautifully on 40:1 with Ultra.

Sorry to get off your original post, but if anyone can identify what this saw is a copy of I'd love to know. Cheers

A guy I know has the European version, not a failure as yet but having pulled the cylinder.To port it,would suggest if the same or similar unit it 's run on south of 40/1 mix ratio as with the 50/1 advised ratio the bottom end/inside the case was dry (no oily film) have no idea the advised mix for the Baum'r;The fitted from new chain was "Crap"but that's to be expected;To date hes cut a lot of wood with no problems & yes the OEM Cyl will fit his saw ,fitted instead of porting,the original it has cleaner porting & he reckons it has a wee bit more power & the pickup is crisper .

So it' possible that the jug for 82 cc is to big for the 72 cc case. I could not mount the Zenoah62 cc jug on the 72 cc clone case.
I bought 4 Chinese 372 clones they will accept all oem husqvarna part's.
I'm running 2 oem 372 cylinders now.
And 2 big bore cylinders i'm going to call Edison's and see if they can give me any info.
The case's I've seen are identical to mine just a larger topend.
Thanks for posting keep us updated
I run my saws hard these are holding up great.

Hi, I might butt in since we are talking chinese saws, not the brand you are talking of, but I bought one of these months ago as a "temporary" saw.
Link: (bear in mind this is New Zealand dollars)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-livin...-power-tools/chainsaws/auction-1381232386.htm

Man this thing goes well, I have had a few chink saws which are okay for Joe Average cutting 2 cord a year..but I'm really, really impressed with the engine on this thing..I run it on the same 40:1 that my Stihls get, and it loves it. Revs to 13,000 on the tacho, four strokes in the start of the cut (and I haven't touched the carb at all since unboxing) starts easy, and has now done a LOT of cutting, mostly the really hard "stringybark Eucalyptus" used for flooring..murder on chains, airfilters and saws in general..makes the 661 earn its keep for sure..hardest wood I've ever cut.

Plenty of power for a 59cc, runs a 22" bar easily. 3/8 chisel chain.
The areas these Zomax saws fall down is Paper thin dogs (a joke) and the worlds worst chain tensioner, which is terrible beyond words..why they couldn't just use the standard tensioner is beyond me.
But for $299 it was a bargain, runs on the synthetic oil and has been flawless.

I don't know what its a copy of, but is much better build quality than the other chink saws I've used.

I don't know either what bar it is compatible with, another area the chink saws fail in is bars..they simply don't last.

Those Husqvarna copies are available here too..I've been tempted..Husqvarnas to me are junk (just my personal experience with the smaller Huskies) but they look good..I'd be tempted with one of the 70 something cc copies to be honest.

One bloke told me the reason chinese saws state 25:1, is the poor quality 2 stroke oil over there..and that its a safety thing ..but they run beautifully on 40:1 with Ultra.

Sorry to get off your original post, but if anyone can identify what this saw is a copy of I'd love to know. Cheers
Good to hear from you
I bought an identical saw to yours I'm sorry to say it was 79.00 shipped to my house lol
I bought it to carry in my truck but that thing was excellent nice and light plenty of power.
I ported it and it really woke up
My friend tried it and begged me to sell it to him.
It was much lighter than his 028 stihl and much more powerful
That's when i bought my first 372 clone and have been having fun porting and running them.
I get them for 220.00 usd shipped from china I've got over 12 gallons through the first one.
Post some pics if you can of what you cut over there.
20170717_200704.jpg 20170717_080703.jpg 20170717_075722.jpg 20170717_074131.jpg 20170709_165421.jpg

A guy I know has the European version, not a failure as yet but having pulled the cylinder.To port it,would suggest if the same or similar unit it 's run on south of 40/1 mix ratio as with the 50/1 advised ratio the bottom end/inside the case was dry (no oily film) have no idea the advised mix for the Baum'r;The fitted from new chain was "Crap"but that's to be expected;To date hes cut a lot of wood with no problems & yes the OEM Cyl will fit his saw ,fitted instead of porting,the original it has cleaner porting & he reckons it has a wee bit more power & the pickup is crisper .
Thanks for the info I've been running 40/1 since the 90s never a failure.
I've rebuilt a lot of saw's and just don't like 50/1 it just doesn't do the job to my liking.
25/1 lol is what i was told the chinese recommend for the china clones.

Thanks for the info I've been running 40/1 since the 90s never a failure.
I've rebuilt a lot of saw's and just don't like 50/1 it just doesn't do the job to my liking.
25/1 lol is what i was told the chinese recommend for the china clones.
That's only if you run buffalo fat rendering as a mix oil

Hey lads
New member to the group but been looking on for some time!
Has anybody done much work to the Baumr-ag pro series sx 82 (husky 372 Chinese copy)?
I have owned the previous baumrs that cut great for the price but they are short lived beasts. The husky copy looks to have potential as it is almost identical to the mighty 372xp. Some YouTube reveiws show that parts are interchangeable and replacements 372 parts fit! I'm keen to put on a walbro carby and a few other items to get a great saw for the price. I know it will never be a husky but I can deal with that! Thanks in advance!

Been looking for someone to verify the bore and stroke on the new ones. Any info?
Lot of pics I saved from sells. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum....ed/newest-baumr-ag-92cc-looks-like-husqvarna/

Latest posts

Back