Husky 372/Baumr-ag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear from you
I bought an identical saw to yours I'm sorry to say it was 79.00 shipped to my house lol
I bought it to carry in my truck but that thing was excellent nice and light plenty of power.
I ported it and it really woke up
My friend tried it and begged me to sell it to him.
It was much lighter than his 028 stihl and much more powerful
That's when i bought my first 372 clone and have been having fun porting and running them.
I get them for 220.00 usd shipped from china I've got over 12 gallons through the first one.
Post some pics if you can of what you cut over there.
View attachment 593659 View attachment 593660 View attachment 593661 View attachment 593662 View attachment 593663

I don't take many pics sorry, but this photo is of the tree, wife and I were studying it before I agreed to do it.
It was a massive tree, photo says otherwise, but we got 50 cubic meters at least from it..and it was perched on the edge of a 10 meter drop as well, just to make it more fun..owner is building a house very close to it, and these gums are known to self prune, so just one of those limbs dropping on the house would be disastrous. Trunk was 2 meters across.

A mate is an arborist, so he climbed and cut, and we pulled it down one limb at a time using a large 4WD and a long rope. We weighed a couple of the rings, got out the calculator and each limb was approx 2 ton. Put it this way, I was rolling one ring and it fell on my foot, left me with two fractures lol.

Very very hard timber, when dry the little splinters of wood are like steel, used for hardwood flooring. Burns for 2-3 times longer than mature Pine or Macrocarpa. The bark is stringy and fibrous, murder on chains..constantly needing re sharpening due to the bark. Wood in photo has been cut up only hours, now it is split it has a blackish appearance.

Huge amount of wood from it, but I don't think I'd do another one to be honest..hard on gear, and us workers! I'm used to what we call "Old Man Pine" here in NZ, basically 60 year old plus Pine, and its like cutting Marshmallows compared to this particular breed of gum. I'm don't know much about gum, but I'd say it must be one of the hardest timbers out there?

As firewood here in NZ it sells for I think about $130 a meter? Pretty sought after.IMG_20170318_101512_1.jpg IMG_20170318_101512_1.jpg 20170409_163445.jpg

I don't take many pics sorry, but this photo is of the tree, wife and I were studying it before I agreed to do it.
It was a massive tree, photo says otherwise, but we got 50 cubic meters at least from it..and it was perched on the edge of a 10 meter drop as well, just to make it more fun..owner is building a house very close to it, and these gums are known to self prune, so just one of those limbs dropping on the house would be disastrous. Trunk was 2 meters across.

A mate is an arborist, so he climbed and cut, and we pulled it down one limb at a time using a large 4WD and a long rope. We weighed a couple of the rings, got out the calculator and each limb was approx 2 ton. Put it this way, I was rolling one ring and it fell on my foot, left me with two fractures lol.

Very very hard timber, when dry the little splinters of wood are like steel, used for hardwood flooring. Burns for 2-3 times longer than mature Pine or Macrocarpa. The bark is stringy and fibrous, murder on chains..constantly needing re sharpening due to the bark. Wood in photo has been cut up only hours, now it is split it has a blackish appearance.

Huge amount of wood from it, but I don't think I'd do another one to be honest..hard on gear, and us workers! I'm used to what we call "Old Man Pine" here in NZ, basically 60 year old plus Pine, and its like cutting Marshmallows compared to this particular breed of gum. I'm don't know much about gum, but I'd say it must be one of the hardest timbers out there?

As firewood here in NZ it sells for I think about $130 a meter? Pretty sought after.View attachment 593789 View attachment 593789 View attachment 593791
You had a job on you're hands with that one.
I hate gum here stringy and hard to split on top of smelling bad when burned but we could have different species.
I had an easy day dropped blocked and stumped a maple easy cutting.
I have dozens of standing dead ash to cut off my neighbors fence line.20170730_160029.jpg 20170730_165444.jpg 20170730_171411.jpg 20170730_172307.jpg

As firewood here in NZ it sells for I think about $130 a meter? Pretty sought after.View attachment 593789 View attachment 593789 View attachment 593791

Nothing worth slabbing or milling?

Nothing worth slabbing or milling?
Nah mate, it was essentially big limbs, my mate the arborist hasn't long milled some Mac he luckily found so wasn't interested...this was firewood only.. We had a time limit of 4 weeks or so to do it.

You had a job on you're hands with that one.
I hate gum here stringy and hard to split on top of smelling bad when burned but we could have different species.
I had an easy day dropped blocked and stumped a maple easy cutting.
I have dozens of standing dead ash to cut off my neighbors fence line.View attachment 593792 View attachment 593793 View attachment 593794 View attachment 593795

Yeah I'm envious of some of your timbers, tree are straight with not a lot of limbs...here in NZ my fave is Macrocarpa, smells beautiful, splits easily, long lasting, and burns hot..but it used to be plentiful, now farmers etc keep it for themselves or get it milled..turns silver when really dry, mate has used Mac to clad his home. Some of the trees Buckin Billy cuts I'd love to have to cut.

Yeah I'm envious of some of your timbers, tree are straight with not a lot of limbs...here in NZ my fave is Macrocarpa, smells beautiful, splits easily, long lasting, and burns hot..but it used to be plentiful, now farmers etc keep it for themselves or get it milled..turns silver when really dry, mate has used Mac to clad his home. Some of the trees Buckin Billy cuts I'd love to have to cut.
The tree's may be straight sometimes but i usually have to cut on a hillside.
For my neighbor it's easy mostly flat and no clean up just stack the tops
For rabbit's to inhabit hopefully.

Or Whale Blubber.
"Nah" JJ using whale blubber makes the fuel "slurp"out of the vent only happens with whale blubber it must be trying to escape :clap: Bear fat "aint" no good either the saw keeps wanting to scratch its self against the trees. Damn I am going to have to use the unobtainium laced 730% synth mix at 1000/1 & have to lash the saw down every start to prevent it launching into orbit & colliding with the space station :blob2: Life's getting a real pain in the a**e Going to have to drive the Harvester through the workshop & put an end to all this indecision. Trouble is I can't remember were I put the key or how to drive it. Ah well back to the old folks home :blob2:

Hey lads
New member to the group but been looking on for some time!
Has anybody done much work to the Baumr-ag pro series sx 82 (husky 372 Chinese copy)?
I have owned the previous baumrs that cut great for the price but they are short lived beasts. The husky copy looks to have potential as it is almost identical to the mighty 372xp. Some YouTube reveiws show that parts are interchangeable and replacements 372 parts fit! I'm keen to put on a walbro carby and a few other items to get a great saw for the price. I know it will never be a husky but I can deal with that! Thanks in advance!
How do you like you're saw so far.
I've been cutting alot of dead ash no problems.
The cattle like it lol20170731_161232.jpg 20170731_162231.jpg 20170731_163016.jpg

Hey mate haven't sunk it into any wood since the first cuts, first cuts were impressive although the Chinese carby it comes factory with wouldn't set to a nice alround position. Then we snapped the cheap pull cord from starting it so much! So since then we have replaced the pull cord with strong quality cord, also replaced the carby with a freshly renovated walbro 372 carby, ditched the flimsy metal they called dogs and upgraded with solid husky felling dogs. This saw now sounds real quality after the carby upgrade! To say I am exited abouted the next cutting session would be an understatement haha.

Hey mate haven't sunk it into any wood since the first cuts, first cuts were impressive although the Chinese carby it comes factory with wouldn't set to a nice alround position. Then we snapped the cheap pull cord from starting it so much! So since then we have replaced the pull cord with strong quality cord, also replaced the carby with a freshly renovated walbro 372 carby, ditched the flimsy metal they called dogs and upgraded with solid husky felling dogs. This saw now sounds real quality after the carby upgrade! To say I am exited abouted the next cutting session would be an understatement haha.
Thank's for the update tell us how it works out.
I'm going to get a couple of the 82cc cylinder kits and try them out.
Have a good one.

We went out today to cut up some fire wood with the baumr after a few modifications the saw ran fine whilst cold idled well picked up revs well when triggered, held revs well whilst in cut, but after saw was ran for 30 minutes or so cutting in various sized logs it would idle, pick up revs but as soon as it was placed in wood it would bog down and either died or once removed from wood it would be hard to rev up or once again die
Baring in mind that it has a freshly rebuilt carb so back to the drawing board from here if you lads have any ideas chuck them up. One day this saw will be pretty much husky after all the replacement parts haha.

We went out today to cut up some fire wood with the baumr after a few modifications the saw ran fine whilst cold idled well picked up revs well when triggered, held revs well whilst in cut, but after saw was ran for 30 minutes or so cutting in various sized logs it would idle, pick up revs but as soon as it was placed in wood it would bog down and either died or once removed from wood it would be hard to rev up or once again die
Baring in mind that it has a freshly rebuilt carb so back to the drawing board from here if you lads have any ideas chuck them up. One day this saw will be pretty much husky after all the replacement parts haha.
Check fuel and impulse lines mine did that when they split i replaced with echo fuel line.
And check the boot for a tear
Carbs are only 11-15.00 here.
I've been cutting alot with mine lately.

Check fuel and impulse lines mine did that when they split i replaced with echo fuel line.
And check the boot for a tear
Carbs are only 11-15.00 here.
I've been cutting alot with mine lately.
Yeah already replaced the fuel line with the good stuff, I think it could be spark plug or clutch issue maybe?

It looks like one of the fuel lines linked on itself when it got hot! Have since made a few changes and it is back screaming for more solid wood cutting. I could help myself the other day so I bought a 45 rancher for a camping saw! Unfortuanatly the previous owner hasn't showed it great love❤️ Looking at the inside of the guard.

Latest posts

Back