husky 372 porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catzr440sp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi, im thinking of getting my 372 xp ported. anyone know the good and the bad? is it worth it? also about how much is it to have a good porting job done? and last of all, who does a good job? thanx

hi, im thinking of getting my 372 xp ported. anyone know the good and the bad? is it worth it? also about how much is it to have a good porting job done? and last of all, who does a good job? thanx

There is lots of power to be brought to life in almost every chainsaw. Use the advanced search option. There's tons and tons of information there on just about any chainsaw question you have.

Seems like a 372 was the challenge saw for a GTG build off if I remember correctly.

A ported 372 is the cream of the crop in the 70cc class. Lots of guys on here who do great work on these. Look up stumpbroke swedes they will show the difference

thanx guys, i will look up the differance. i just hope i made the correct choice by buying this 372 from a friend that needed help and selling my jonsered 2171!!!!!

They don't respond to porting well at all. Send it to me and I'll send you a makita 401. 40cc is all you need any way:dizzy:

:cheers: Stumpy, tlandrum, mastermind, and some others I'm forgetting will do you a real nice job. Terry may have a cylinder and everything ready to swap to you also.

They don't respond to porting well at all. Send it to me and I'll send you a makita 401. 40cc is all you need any way:dizzy:

:cheers: Stumpy, tlandrum, mastermind, and some others I'm forgetting will do you a real nice job. Terry may have a cylinder and everything ready to swap to you also.

well if ya could, send someone my way, i mainly wanna see how much it would cost to have this saw ported. thanx

Couldn't of picked a better saw to port, my favourite to do.

I've done a couple of the BB kits lately with great results and they are becoming my favorite. Their ports are way off out of the box but on some of the better kits there is plenty of material to remove.

wondering what it would cost me to do a cylinder exchange? i cant really be without a saw for to long, my load of wood should be here within a cpl weeks

I've done a couple of the BB kits lately with great results and they are becoming my favorite. Their ports are way off out of the box but on some of the better kits there is plenty of material to remove.

I agree. The last two I did we're from MCW and they were great. I still like OEM better though.

Back