Husky 372xp, the queen of all saws!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does the 044/440 compare to the 372? i've always heard good things about the 044/440

AJLOGGER said:
how does the 044/440 compare to the 372? i've always heard good things about the 044/440

Or 441??? Which is as close in weight and identical in cc's both.

Good question. It would be interesting to see the 441, 440 and 372 (all stock) in 12-16" and 20-24". Same bar and chain (w/ bar adapters).

Chaser

AJLOGGER said:
There have been lots of treads here earlier, that have concluded that the 372xp is almost on par, or on par, with the 460, and the 440 was an "also-ran", in spite of the fact that the 372 has the humblest specs - the 4-channel porting of the Husky may well be the cause........

I suspect that those conclutions are valid in "get-together" wood, and not in large wood, but I have absolutely no proof of it.

Now I'm waiting for Ben to step in here......:help: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
It's hard to beat the 372, however, the 044 is an incredable saw as well. Both take well to a few modifications.
I hope to be hosting a workshop here soon doing some basic mods to another 372 or 044.:rock:
John

372.jpg

SawTroll said:
Don't panic, remember that our euro 361s are stronger than the US ones.......:greenchainsaw: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

They had better be considering how much you have to pay for them!!:buttkick:

As for strength, fiddle with that muffler thingy.. :)

wagonwheeler said:
Or 441??? Which is as close in weight and identical in cc's both.

Good question. It would be interesting to see the 441, 440 and 372 (all stock) in 12-16" and 20-24". Same bar and chain (w/ bar adapters).

Chaser

MR. says the 441 beats the 372 :popcorn:

Gypo Logger said:
It's hard to beat the 372, however, the 044 is an incredable saw as well. Both take well to a few modifications.
I hope to be hosting a workshop here soon doing some basic mods to another 372 or 044.:rock:
John

372.jpg
Please do one on the 044. I own one and it runs like a raped ape now. I would love to do some mods on it. I am thinking about getting a dual port muffler to put on mine for starters. Hey if you need a saw i'll send you mine and you could use for the workshop:)

talon1189 said:
Did that "Vulture Manual" put ya up to this?
2nunu.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

NO!!!! No one put me up to this, this thread was not started in jest, I have heard enough, never had the opurtunity to run yet unfortunatley, about this saw that it's time to give it some credit! I am not a diehard anyting man, I will buy a 50cc Husky long before looking at a Stihl!! I am impressed with the Dolmars, but have my issues with them and thats just me.
Andy

AJLOGGER said:
Please do one on the 044. I own one and it runs like a raped ape now. I would love to do some mods on it. I am thinking about getting a dual port muffler to put on mine for starters. Hey if you need a saw i'll send you mine and you could use for the workshop:)

Yes, do an 044!!! I've seen a lot of hack jobs, but it would be nice to see one step by step, and all the "discussion" that will no doubt ensue..:givebeer:

sawinredneck said:
I am not a diehard anyting man, .. , but have my issues with them and thats just me.
Andy

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Rolands experiences is in fact one of the reasons that the 372xpg is off my shortlist for a larger saw - not enough difference vs the MS361.
I have owned both saws and there isnt a snowballs chance in heii that 361 will run with a 372 when both are stock.
The 372 will also beat a 440, but not by a huge margin. However, the 372 has much better power charachteristics and is smoother. Again I have owned both.

Lakeside53 said:
MR. says the 441 beats the 372 :popcorn:

We have been through that issue before. :welcome: Someone else said that 372 beats 441. :buttkick:
First time that I even herd the 361 compared to the 372. :ices_rofl:

Ok, the 372has been out for quite along time.
Lets talk about reliability.
I have not had a lick of problems with my saw ( Even after a woods saw mod). I have cut well over 400 cords too and the saw is still going strong.
No noisey clutch that you get from a stihl after that much cutting.:popcorn:

ciscoguy01 said:
Did the 372 take the place of the 266XP back in the day???
The lineage is-266 begat 268xp, 268xp begat 272xp. Genetic engineering helped the 272xp to beget the 371xp which begat the 372xp. the 372xp was neutered and an illegitimate usurper(575xp) attempted to steal the throne.

Huh

Stumper said:
The lineage is-266 begat 268xp, 268xp begat 272xp. Genetic engineering helped the 272xp to beget the 371xp which begat the 372xp. the 372xp was neutered and an illegitimate usurper(575xp) attempted to steal the throne.

Were you in church when you wrote that??? LMAO Thanks for the info guy. Alot of those saws aren't on the chainsaw history page that I have. Any idea of how they went up in hp??? Torque???

Latest posts

Back