husky 385 or ms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klickitatsacket said:
cut4fun, what type of wood is that 385 cutting?
I will find out for you later on. The guy doing the cutting is out of touch for hunting right now.
I did run and make a cut in the wood with the saw too. It was good soild wood, not punky wood like some stated when the vid was first shot. I just dont know trees and wood very well, so like I said I will ask and pm you later on.

Sooo

klickitatsacket said:
The fact that it weighs as much as an 066 and is 7cc smaller. If I am going to carry around the weight then I want the most power for the weight. If I had to choose between the 046 and the 385 in stock form it is hands down the 046 because I most likely am looking at the weight in that general power class. If I need the power then I might as well grab the saw that had more power for the same wieght and like I said before that is the 066. because of the design of the piston and cylinder in the 385 you have a lot more room for modifications than you do in the 066. the big bore kit is going to change all that again though in teh favor of the 066. However if the 390xp is nothing more than a larger version of the 385 and nothing changes then it is going to be a horse race again.

Why buy a saw that's the same weight and doesn't have as much UMPH!!!??? doesn't really make sense to me.

klickitatsacket said:
I do not know I have never had one opened up.

Dean the 2071 and 2171 are the same as a 372 husky. Some of the early 2071's had a single ring pistons like the old 371's did, but most of the 2071
s, 2171, 371's, and 372's in the Us and Canada have the double ring pistons due to EPA. The cylinder is idenical to the 385 in the way it looks and the port timing #'s are real close out of the box.

Freakingstang said:
.... The cylinder is idenical to the 385 in the way it looks and the port timing #'s are real close out of the box.

:laugh: :laugh: Actually it is the other way around, as the 371xp appeared about 7 years before the 385.....:D

...but you knew that, of course. :givebeer:

Over here they still use single ring pistons in the 372/2171, as far as I know.

Back