Husky 460 no oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would test the pump with some oil. Mine would only make a bubble and I tested it and it was bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not pulling or pushng, no air bubbles and not pulling oil. How good of an air seal does it need to test? Looks like its bad though.

I just put enough pressure to hold it on good. It does sound like you need a new pump unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got the cheaper pump for a 455, it didnt have the raised part on the pump. But it was oiling fine for a while. Then it stopped. Guess what. The gear stripped. :angry: What luck. Local store had to order the part in. Should be picking it up today and also swapping the worn spur for a new rim. Does anyone make the part in metal?! Seems like a weak link. Maybe I should keep a spare on hand?

So I got the cheaper pump for a 455, it didnt have the raised part on the pump. But it was oiling fine for a while. Then it stopped. Guess what. The gear stripped. :angry: What luck. Local store had to order the part in. Should be picking it up today and also swapping the worn spur for a new rim. Does anyone make the part in metal?! Seems like a weak link. Maybe I should keep a spare on hand?
It usually stripps out because debri gets in the pump and jams the works, keep your oil tank clean and you won't likely have a problem. The gear is easily replaced in under a half an hour, just be sure the pump turns free.

Latest posts

Back